ANYONE ELSE HAVE THIS ISSUE???

hu.gif

We're up to 90 birds, with ~70 quail eggs and 16 chicken eggs in the 'bator, 14 more eggs to arrive today, another 30 eggs the second week of May with a hatch date probably very close to the receipt date of the ~30 chicks from Ideal... hubby probably wants to
smack.gif
me, but I instilled the "If momma ain't happy..." philosophy a LONG time ago. I monitor my egg/chick purchasing by how much grumbling he does.
lol.png

He doesn't know about the blue orpingtons I want to get from Speckledhen in June, yet...
woot.gif

I'd say your hubby was getting off easy...
lol.png

Lazy J Farms Feed & Hay :

Quote:
Surely you are not saying that your neighbors are more important than your Husband.

Jim

Not exactly...
We don't have a dog because he doesn't want one (and I miss having one), and only 2 cats (who both live indoors).
We don't have any more hamsters because he doesn't want them in the house (but he did allow the previous ones to live out their lives there).
He sets limits on the # of houseplants I can have because they come inside during the winter.

But the chickens are outside, and if they don't annoy the neighbors why should they annoy the hubby?​

I can't believe someone would actually impose a limit on the number of houseplants...wow!

To answer the main question of what to do if he won't build what you'd like: my grandmother was a great martyr (sp?)and dramatic lessons accompanied, Do it your self and repeat it often while doing so, let nothing stop you in the pursuit of accomplishments and "must-needs" and do so with my added to the above, sing along with Joss Stone's, Watch Me Walk song:lol: And her other song, "I'll get Another Man" but be happy about it all, it keeps him guessing, especially with a bit of dancing involved...

Then when he "rescue's" your shabby work, you sing Joss's "what're we gonna do now?" song...while he works, with even better dancing for his pleasure and thoughts;)
(myself manless after two "bad-boys" and a total of 21 yrs spent Playing w/them- LOL)

Last edited:
Which eggs does he not think he can eat? The bantams or the ducks?

Whichever, I think I would order some lizard eggs of some kind on Ebay and make him two plates of scrambled eggs: 1 being the Giant Man-Eating Iguana and the 1 a nice plate of Bantam or Duck eggs. Let him know that they both cooked up real nicely and since that seemed to be his primary concern - he should let you know which species to go with.

i cant say if a limit should be put on the # of hens anyone can have.i think the amount of room they have dictates that.now i have room 500 hens.but i never want that meny.would kill me taking care of them.but as for coops.you could jusy buy a 12 by 12 welded wire dog kennel.that is room for 50 hens.they cost about 1/4 of what a coop costs.

Quote:
Sounds like my DH!
tongue.png
He razzes me about my houseplants and gardens as well. Would prefer a manicured all-grass lawn
tongue.png
hmm.png
:|

Not my style... I love informal cottage gardens, worn old wood pieces and bird feeders everywhere! And he HATES my little pond I put in because I leave it natural with some native water plants, algae, a few goldfish every summer and a couple of wild frogs that showed up. He wants to pull everything out of it and fill it with chemicals and a filter and fountain so it sprays pretty blue water
tongue.png
Silly man
smack.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
Sounds like my DH!
tongue.png
He razzes me about my houseplants and gardens as well. Would prefer a manicured all-grass lawn
tongue.png
hmm.png
:|

Not my style... I love informal cottage gardens, worn old wood pieces and bird feeders everywhere! And he HATES my little pond I put in because I leave it natural with some native water plants, algae, a few goldfish every summer and a couple of wild frogs that showed up. He wants to pull everything out of it and fill it with chemicals and a filter and fountain so it sprays pretty blue water
tongue.png
Silly man
smack.gif

Your DH and my DH should get together! I don't have a pond, but I have a wet shaded area that I let grow wild with the stuff I've planted plus wild strawberries and violets. It has gnomes, pretty rocks, birdhouses and a birdbath scattered according to my whims. Drives him NUTS!
And if HE were planting veggies in the raised beds they'd be in neat rows, not scattered amongst companion flowers and herbs.

He's excited because the front yard is 'his' and he's gonna kill the 'weeds' to get that perfect golf-course lawn he wants.
he.gif

Back
Top Bottom