Anyone else keep their birds as pets? (Not for food)

ILuvMyFlock

Chirping
May 2, 2017
On the Farm
I'm trying to find like minded people here, I don't cull any of my birds, I buy and keep all straight run birds from chickens, to ducks, geese, guineas, and turkeys. I have about an acre, I'm trying to buy more, I pray that works out for me, anyway I keep this place a safe haven for my Roos I also take in local roosters that need a home.

So please if anyone else keeps their birds as pets too, say hi. :p

frow.gif
Good idea, hope you have luck finding more like-minded members.

Do you have any neat stories about your birds? I see mine as family, children, and friends. They each have their own unique personalities and quirks.
Hm.... I've owned chickens for about 8-9 years so I have plenty sad, happy and funny ones.
smile.png

A great one is when one of our first batches of chickens pecked my little sisters eye. Not funny for her but funny for us!
big_smile.png

A sad one was when one of our batches of chickens got a bump under her wing and she had it for about a week then she would eat it off and it would come back the next week. This happened for about a month and I found her one day in the pen dead.
sad.png
R.I.P Curious.

I have more but I can't seem to remember them right now... when I do I'll defiantly share them!

Do you have any?
cool.png

Back
Top Bottom