anyone else living in the northeast sick of all this rain?

Just when I thought we would finally have a rain free day a dark cloud comes overhead at 6 and it starts raining AGAIN.

I think I am gonna convert the coop to an ark and just float away, just me my ds and the chooks lol

First full day today without rain here in Central Indiana in I don't remember when!!
celebrate.gif

Our back yard still has yet to be mowed as it has not dried out enough yet YET as in hasn't been mowed AT ALL! - it's like a huge marshland and every time my hubby tries to mow it, he comes running into the house - 'Hey! Come help me pick the tractor up out of this mud pit!' - yeah, great!
barnie.gif

But I do it every time and then watch as he barely makes it back to the front yard. Luckily in the front, he only needs a few hours of dry time and he can run the push mower over it. But he couldn't even use the push mower on the back - it's so frustrating, good thing there's so much shade (many many MANY trees) that the grass grows much slower back there.

The ground around and in front of the coop (of course it's in the backyard) is so gross and I mistakenly put straw down to try to give myself a footing............man does it stink!!
th.gif

I'm ready for it to dry out enough to rake all that molding stinking mess up and try something else........thinking mulch? Not sure.....any suggestions?

yes I got organics brand garden lime from the nusery. it came in a small bag about $3.50 make sure you get that kind though it is pelletted for easy application. I put it down the other day and it made a huge difference.

Sun is shining again this morning
yippiechickie.gif
...I'm going to be optimistic about the weather. We got all the runs cleaned so they smell better.

Sending good, sunny vibes to all of you east of me....

Quote:
Unfortunately, Long Island is still under clouds:( But the forecast for tomorrow is looking much better - hoorah. I just hope we can all hold out for another day.

no rain for 2 days, I dont know where I should start! The mower ran out of gas on the side yard. I need to clean out the damp smelly coop. My garden Ive pretty much given up on because its too muddy to mess with. I need to cut down the jungle out back and find the burn barrel. The hornets found a nice dry place under the slide on my sons fort.
roll.png
oy!

Last edited:
Come on already!!
he.gif
Finally yesterday, that strange glowing orb in the sky showed for about 1/2 hour then rained again. Now its just that BLAH overcast again today. Mud, Mud, Mud!!
barnie.gif

AHappychick Yesterday 10:37 pm

yes I got organics brand garden lime from the nusery. it came in a small bag about $3.50 make sure you get that kind though it is pelletted for easy application. I put it down the other day and it made a huge difference.

Great! Thanks Happychick, I will try that first! And I WON'T be using anymore straw - except for the nesting area........that would be a lesson learned the hard way!!
barnie.gif
ICK!​

Back
Top Bottom