anyone else living in the northeast sick of all this rain?

Same here, third week of it. Thank God we roofed our run. Gardens are amazing though the farmers have lost the strawberry crop and are asking $4.50 a pint for what survived. Blackberries will be astonishing though.

Hard to keep the barn and coop up to standards- the Stable Boy powder and the food-grade DE work best when dry, and I'm knee-deep in kittens.

I'd like a dry day to get some painting done and to get the stalls smelling like they house herbivores. And I'd like to have all the mud and other dirt outside, not indoors on my boots. And oh yes- to hang a load of laundry on the clothesline.

TSwallowtail02.jpg

Still, the butterflies came, and the hummers are nesting.

clowdy and rainy again.

Is this why my strawberries all perished? this was my first year with them (planted starters last year) sma e with my asparagus. I have been so busy with chooks the veggies and berries wre neglected this year.
sad.png

It Hasn't STOPPED today at all, it's been pouring, then sprinkle, then pour...since 4:30AM that I know of:barnie....my chicks love it tho, but my toy poodles don't want to get their fannies wet....they walk like they're marching. it's quite funny to watch.
big_smile.png

and my 8wk old silkies are a little depress that we're not going outside today, again. They're still in my sunroom.
barnie.gif

I now notice that we need more sand, we're getting big puddles in the run, so DS is out there making little streams, what a mess.
he.gif
barnie.gif

Melinda

Quote:
Well, I'm thinking of heading out to a McDonald's with an indoor playground and let the kids get some of that "pi$$ and vinegar" out of their systems. I usually take a good book and enjoy a nice cup of coffee while the kids have a blast.

My chickens don't seem to mind the rain, they are still out there scratching for worms and other tasty stuff, even though they could easily get under cover.

Anybody else get that thunderstorm that passed through MA at around 6:00 am today. One of my dogs is scared stiff of thunder
sad.png

Quote:
Same here in Maine. *sigh* I should be eating my edible pod peas by now and have fresh tomatos as well as fried green tomatos...instead I am lucky that a few have started flowering.
he.gif

After the nasty winter, ice storm, and the economy, I was really looking forward to summer. Too bad it hasn't arrived yet!
sad.png

The poultry runs are NASTY, the sheep are shrinking, and even the pigs are sick of all the mud! Plus with two toddlers who are BORED of being inside so much, it's become unbearable.

The worst part is that our insurance company is canceling our insurance if we don't get our back porch and the roof over our ell redone, and we've been waiting for decent enough weather to do it! During a break of rain, we ripped off the porch and half the ell roof, then it went right back to pouring!! Luckily our ell isn't living space, because it's leaking like crazy now!

I'm afraid we're going to have to deal with this until fall, then we'll be right back into another long, cold & snowy winter.
hit.gif

My chickens were just caught in a monsoon outside in their run. I literally had to go out and put them all back in the coop. They were afraid to cross the rivers of water that built up instantly. It's crazy!

Back
Top Bottom