anyone else living in the northeast sick of all this rain?

No rain today!
wee.gif

But this probably means alot of rain tomorrow. Please no!
fl.gif
Happy Independence Day, everyone! Perhaps Mother Nature will start giving us a break.

So, no rain for almost 48 hours!!!
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
I hope it will hold off til my swamp is dry. Here is what the front of my barn has looked like for weeks now......
21675_dscn1203.jpg

at least the ducks are enjoying themselves!!
21675_dscn1201.jpg

Oh, and every time it rains, my barn floods. i sweep out water everyday and the next day it's back. We have a leaking wall and roof apparently. I was unaware of this "minor detail" before we rented here. Here's a photo of it the other day. I had ALREADY swept it out that morning!!!
21675_dscn1202.jpg

Who builds a barn without drains in the floor????

Coop is under 2 ft of mud, dog run under a ft of mud. Smells
sickbyc.gif

the more I clean the worse it seems to smell, I have gone through 2 yds of sand, and 3 bags of lime trying to get rid of the smell. ( I clean the coops every week to no obvious avail on odor control)
I have changed the breed name for my dog from Malamute to Malamud.
I have a Friend who is a groomer and complains that Malamutes are horrid to bathe and groom as they hate water
tongue.gif

she hasnt met this mud puppy yet. have to drag him in yelping and screaming to eat, he wants to play in the mud and ohhhhh Puddles!
wee.gif
oh ok water bowl works too
roll.png
th.gif

Going to town tomorrow for more sand and lime. ugh cant stand all this wet stinky muddy weather.

I am the original poster and just wanted to say we are finally having gorgeous weather here on Long Island. The sun has been shining for three days now! I actually had to water the sod this morning - SHOCKING!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom