Anyone else overrun with ducks right now?

Goat_Walker

I Am THE Crazy Duck Lady
11 Years
Jul 9, 2008
Maryland
I am OVERRUN with ducks right now.

I have my 13 adults.
2 of those adults broody
10 scovie ducklings I got a two weeks ago
AND 16 ducklings that hatched this past weekend.

Now Not only do I have these 39 ducks. But I have eggs in the bator and under the broodies.

th.gif

Just two weeks ago I had thirteen ducks. Now I have 39!!!

Im officially a quack addict.

I am totally overrun but not as bad as i used to be lol right now I have about 40 ducks, up to like a month ago I have about 120. All different shapes and sizes:)

I have so many ducks..I don't know how many ducks I have..lol!!
15 more hatched on Saturday..and another hen started sitting last Thursday.
They are devoted...aren't they.

Anyone want to buy some nice Muscovies...various ages!!!???
he.gif
lau.gif
lol.png

I only have 5 right now a male mallard 3 females and a female pekin.there all babies so im gonna have to deal with the stink for a couple of months becouse its gettin really cold here now,I hope I can breed the male mallard and the female pekin for some type of meat duck,mallards have great meat but are kinda scrawny yet pekins are big grow fast but there meat is ok.

My one broody is doing really well with her eggs, but the other is doing horrible. I mean today i went out and two of her eggs had exploded. Usually Im ok with their first hatches going bad but if her second hatch goes bad i wont let her set again.

we are totally 'on the quack' too....

we had 30 muscovy babies this summer, we kept our two mommas and 3 of that set... then momma 1 hatched out 7 more... then momma two is setting a nest also! but shhh.....we took some of her eggs and she can only have a max of 5 babies....

but they are so cute! we just love them!!!

;-)

Im overrun with ducks too lol I have 26 Muscovys 9 East Indies 3 Cayugas 7 Silky ducks 1 Call, and 2 mixed ducklings. So Im ahead of you at the moment 48 ducks AHH lol Next year I will need to buy a new house for ducks lol 22 Muscovy females 6 East indies 2 Cayuga females and 2 Silky female.

PS anyone want some silky duck males. You can get em real cheap lol and 2 mixed crested things lol

Back
Top Bottom