Anyone else trying to lose weight or get healthier?

I find it difficult to make healthy choices when I need something quickly

That's definitely a tough problem!

Can you plan ahead and have things with you? I also find -- unless you're like stuck in an airport -- there's a grocery store somewhere. Many of them have things like hardboiled eggs or a well chosen cheese or packaged salads or things you can pick up and put together yourself.

Keeping protein high and carbs low helps.

That's definitely a tough problem!

Can you plan ahead and have things with you? I also find -- unless you're like stuck in an airport -- there's a grocery store somewhere. Many of them have things like hardboiled eggs or a well chosen cheese or packaged salads or things you can pick up and put together yourself.

Keeping protein high and carbs low helps.
planning is definitely the way to go.... sometimes that gets tricky as being away for 4 days at a time and not really knowing where the best places are to stop.... i can prepare good food for a couple of days but after that....

I’ve lost 26lbs so far. High protein & restricted carbs. I’m doing 2 high protein meal replacement shakes a day & one sensible meal. 3 snacks of fruit, protein bars, 10cal jelly, fat free yoghurt or similar a day. Sometimes I will swap a shake for salad with hard boiled eggs, ham etc. I had a real sweet tooth but I’ve got over the sugar cravings now - it was hard!

I found this plate really helps with portion control ~
BE5B75C8-76E5-46C4-B599-62DD104633F9.jpeg

GOOD FOR YOU!!!! (where's the fireworks emoji?) And the plate is funny.

Sounds like Keto. That's what I'm trying to nail now. It's hard but I'm hoping my gut biome will start to change and give me some help. I'm using Michael Mosley's 5:2 and now aiming at his 800BSD.

Did you have a goal? Have you nailed it? Gotten close at 26 pounds? It's totally AWESOME in any case! Hope it will be a change in your lifestyle.

PS I can't eat any of the starchy carbs like pasta at all so I'll have to go looking for another plate. 😉

Thanks! My goal is another 12lb loss I should be where I want to be :fl

My lifestyle is totally changed now as I also stopped smoking a year ago which had an affect on my weight. I’m also T total and have not touched a drop since last December.

I tend not to use the carb part of the plate with being off them so add more protein ;)
I find too much pasta, bread, potatoes & pastry give me real indigestion/acid/heart burn.

You're doing GREAT, Yorkshire Coop! You'll be my inspiration!

Those yummy carbs make me hungry! I LOVE 'em like I love life itself, but when I eat carbs I'm hungry again 30 minutes after a big meal. That's how I got to be morbidly obese.

I'm down to merely obese -- BMI-wise. ...which doesn't sound like much of an accomplishment. But simply stopping the progressive weight gain is actually pretty enormous in my life. And I'm not that far from simply overweight.

I'm kinda excited about coming out of the Covid lockdown better than when we went into it!

Last edited:
Of course it’s an accomplishment @IamRainey any weight loss downward is! Don’t be so tough on yourself! You are doing great and I’m sure you will get to be where you want to be. Positive thinking and I’m sure you will have the will power.

I totally get it with the carbs not keeping you full. Protein def keeps those pangs at bay. I’ve also been having a brand/range over here on occasion called slimFast. They do cookie treats at 99cals & porridge at 99cals and they have konjac in which fills you too keep you full. I only have them as a treat.

How long fir lockdown to end for you? I’m in UK so things are little different here. Just had some new curfews introduced here.

Back
Top Bottom