Anyone else trying to lose weight or get healthier?

Pics

IamRainey

Crowing
Aug 22, 2017
Los Angeles (Woodland Hills); gardening zone 9B
I'm about a month into a program of eating 5 days a week and fasting for 2.

I've done this before -- and everything else for that matter -- but this is what works for me. I'm able to stay on it for extended periods of time and when I have slip ups this is the regimen I can return to.

Love to hear what anyone else is doing and share the motivation to stay on track.

PS Eggs are excellent high protein food!

Last edited:
I actually am doing Weight Watchers this Spring/Summer! I’ve lost about 45 pounds! And eggs are zero points 😉

Motivation??? NO CLUE. No idea how I was able to stick to it so far or even start up for that matter. Something just clicked in my brain. I am, unfortunately, “falling off” I think, probably from a combo of things. Suddenly more hungry and craving high fat and sugary things. Kind of plateaued some, too. Very stressed all spring and summer from work but especially these last few weeks from working 50-60 hours a week. Too many “splurge” days last few weeks. Also I really think it’s seasonal?? Has just started to feel like fall and I really get the sense my body wants to fatten up for the winter ...

I need to lose weight. I was always skinny, but menopause has been brutal. I also stopped smoking and that has not helped with the weight. I've never dieted before so am unsure how to approach this issue. I have always had an enormous sweet tooth. The fasting is intriguing. Giving up meat is a thought too. Vegan is not an option as I love eggs & need honey for allergies & eating.

I'm about a month into a program of eating 5 days a week and fasting for 2.

I've done this before -- and everything else for that matter -- but this is what works for me. I'm able to stay on it for extended periods of time and when I have slip ups this is the regimen I can return to.

Love to hear what anyone else is doing and share the motivation to stay on track.

PS Eggs are excellent high protein food!
Curious: So how well does it work for you? Weight loss amount? Energy levels? Sugar with drawl? Is this intermediate fasting like I've been hearing good things about?

Curious: So how well does it work for you? Weight loss amount? Energy levels? Sugar with drawl? Is this intermediate fasting like I've been hearing good things about?

I think you might have meant intermittent fasting and, yes, that's what I do. I do it because it's the only thing that quiets the insane cravings I have for food. I do it because I can make it a routine that supports me.

I had a particularly hard time getting started this time. It took me about 3 years. But, previously I did if for 3 years and lost 50 pounds and had a much more calm and focused life.

Once I get my body balanced and my food urges under control it's simplicity itself.

I seriously need to start. I've started several times and failed. But the good news is you can't succeed unless you start some where. Eating disorders suck!
So I'm getting ready to start with the help of Contrave.

Can't say I know what Contrave is. Can you tell us more about it? Beyond Contrave (which I take to be a med of some kind), what kind of plan do you follow? What kind of food choices?

I cut back on carbs. Lost 20 pounds! One pant size.

Carbs are horrible, insidious, delicious things! I'm glad you put them behind you and had such great results. I have to eliminate them too to be free of cravings and able to make better food choices.

I cut out GMOs and lost 45 lbs and was able to get off all prescriptions! I feel better than I have in years! 😉🤩 😆

Congrats!!! How did you do that? How did you identify the GMOs in foods? Were GMOs the only thing you eliminated?

I need to lose weight. I was always skinny, but menopause has been brutal. I also stopped smoking and that has not helped with the weight. I've never dieted before so am unsure how to approach this issue. I have always had an enormous sweet tooth. The fasting is intriguing.

I've been fat since I started kindergarten so it's tough for me to relate but Dr. Michael Mosley who pioneered intermittent fasting did it not because he was fat but because he developed diabetes. He talks a lot about thin "fat" people whose body fat is internal and just as damaging to health even if it's not apparent.

But, of course, you'll have to decide what's right for you. And I would imagine just beating the sugar demon would make a big change for you. Sugar is one of the very worst foods on absolutely every authority's list. So good luck tackling the sugar demon!!

I've got a religious holiday coming up and will fast entirely, for 26 hours- I find sleeping through it makes it easy plus signs on refrigerator and food pkg that say 'NO FOOD !!!! that works pretty well.

Good for you! That sounds like what I call white knuckling it and it's HARD so if you can do it my hat's off to you!

Well, I was stricken with a migraine today so that means no workout and I didn't cook dinner. I guess it could have been worse, we had Subway. But thankfully the migraine didn't last as long as normal so I hope to get back to everything tomorrow. Keep up the great work everyone!

Back
Top Bottom