Anyone else trying to lose weight or get healthier?

Pics
And just think! When everyone else is making resolutions on 12/31 and abandoning them on 1/7 you'll already have a well-established routine to support you continuing to get healthier and healthier!

I like the way you think! You will have a head start too. Every day we exercise or eat healthy is one step closer to our goals!:highfive:

TENS Therapy, Deep meditation, epsom salt baths and lots of prayer! :D Of course my support animals like my dogs, cat and chickens help keep me motivated and moving. ;)
Ahh I have a tens unit. They do really help! I've tried the meditation but haven't figured it out or something. Ive been thinking of trying yoga. Ever tried that? Animals are the best! I have an emotional support dog but I consider all my dogs and animals support!

Ahh I have a tens unit. They do really help! I've tried the meditation but haven't figured it out or something. Ive been thinking of trying yoga. Ever tried that? Animals are the best! I have an emotional support dog but I consider all my dogs and animals support!
Yoga is awesome! Yoga is a good gateway to deep meditation. The best part is that you can go as slow and easy so your physical limitations won't keep you from doing it. It can also be a tremendous work out for toning and body shaping if you advance.
I have PTSD and it's funny I have a hard time with yoga because you have to actually relax and breathe...which is virtually impossible for someone about to jump out their skin at any given moment! But it keeps me centered and helps with binge eating if I can slow my mind down and take the time to do it.
Animals defiantly the best at motivating and keeping us moving! :love

I have never heard of this, is it an exercise program?

It is an exercise program. Through Beach Body. The trainer is Sagi Kalev. I like him as a trainer but my favorite trainer they have is Autumn Calabrese. Have you ever heard of 21 Day Fix? She started that and the portion control eating with the color coded containers. I don't do the colored containers because when I lift weights, I need more protein and calories than what the container program gives me. So I follow the Beast program on eating too. I have lost weight with it before but the biggest difference is how much stronger it makes me. I'm a female and not looking to bulk up at all, but I do like to be fit and feel stronger!

I have PTSD and it's funny I have a hard time with yoga because you have to actually relax and breathe...which is virtually impossible for someone about to jump out their skin at any given moment! But it keeps me centered and helps with binge eating if I can slow my mind down and take the time to do it.

So sorry for the life events that brought you to this point. Genuinely!

Glad yoga helps even a bit. There's a program on my FitBit that synchronizes breathing. I wonder if that would be a place to start.

I'm managing. I hit most of my goals and came close where I didn't quite manage it.

Tomorrow will be harder. It's my husband's birthday. I'm making him a black-bottomed banana cream pie. I'm not the least worried about being tempted. I'll be fine there. But it and the rest of the cooking will seriously cut into the time I have available for exercise.

My husband is doing intermittent fasting with me too. He'll have his pie and enjoy it and he's doing such a great job I think he should!

Back
Top Bottom