Anyone else w "designer eggs" (aka mutts) in the bator? What kind?

Our little mutts are from a big Cochin hen and a Saipan Jungle fowl rooster.. It just shows that love is truly blind. I just couldn't resist putting 10 eggs in the bator just to see what they would look like..
big_smile.png

we're on day 14!

Last edited:
I dont know what mine are, its going to be a big surprise. Some guys who farm and have lots of chickens gave me 66 eggs to choose from.

They showed me which ones were banties. They chickens are free range, so they couldnt guarantee lineage...just promised they would be "pretty" They have the chicikens with the feathers on their feet (dont know the name), aracaunas w/the blue/green eggs, some large brown eggs that are darker tan on one end than the other, some really dark large eggs and some lighter cream colored eggs.

I am going to freak out when I see what I have. They should be hatching this weekend. I chose 37 eggs out of the 66 and my MIL ate the rest.

I have 11 speckled sussex and 3 salmon faverolle/ameraucana cross and 1 salmon faverolle/ameraucana cross eggs in the incubator right now. I set them on Sunday so I guess I only have 18 days left!

Quote:
What day are you on? I have silkies coming....Friday, I think now. *sigh* Thought they would be here today, but they were shipped out today.

I have silkies that are a week old, and silkies that are two weeks old.

Quote:
What day are you on? I have silkies coming....Friday, I think now. *sigh* Thought they would be here today, but they were shipped out today.

I have silkies that are a week old, and silkies that are two weeks old.

I'm on day 15. I have about one more week to go!

Back
Top Bottom