Anyone ever get sick after getting flu shot?

Quote:
The NASAL Spray IS live virus so yes that is VERY possible and thus the reason that anyone who is imuno compromised should not get it. Last year my DS got the H1N1 nasal vaccine and since my DH is imuno compromised they stayed away from each other 24 hours to prevent problems for DH.

If you do find yourself getting symptoms from the flu vaccine it's proper to report it back to your doctor. Your doctor is responsible to submit facts/data to the CDC that influences the vaccine in future years. If you go on CDC website you can read the fact sheet for this years vaccine with symptoms etc.. our doctor prints it out and gives it to you when you get the shot (or any vaccines he gives).

I had a slight reaction to this years fllu shot, got it on the 18th. Arm was very sore and had a bad knot in it for several days and felt achy and out-of-sorts the next day. That's about it.

I took my kids last year when we had the flu scare and they got the flu from getting that shot. They were all sick the next day.

I don't take them to get the shots anymore. I believe keeping a clean house and kids should help keep the germs down. My kids are rarely sick until they go back to school.

i had a flu shot once and only once. i had a bad reaction like you did.. high fever and flu symptoms.. the doc thinks i had an allergic reaction to the eggs they used to make the background of the shot in.. i can not eat store eggs at all without becoming sick. i have found that i can eat my eggs .. might be horomones they feed the chickens or the way the store eggs are processed. i would call doc just to be sure your ok

One year they gave out a shot that was NOT the same strain of the flu that went around town.

One of my dad's coworkers got the shot and got sick from it and gave the flu to my dad, who gave it to me. A little while later one of MY coworkers gave me the "wild" strain of the flu as well.
he.gif
It sucked.

I haven't had the flu since then, and I've worked retail for years so plenty of passing exposure to who knows what. I never get the shot.

If you're sick, please don't go to school or work and pass it around, because the rest of us do not enjoy being sick.

I got mine Tuesday with no reaction. A couple of co workers said their arms felt heavy the first day, and a couple had an icky feeling for about a day. Just normal reactions.

You cannot get the flu from the shot. It's dead flu. Unless it's zombie flu.

And they do know which flu is headed our way. They look at all the flu running around the world, several months in advance. They pick the most likely and most serious to be hitting the northern hemishere the next winter. They do not always pick right, but they are mostly right. It always flu season somewhere.

Imp- has been getting the flu shot for 35 years. Have never gotten the flu.

About 6 years ago at another hospital I worked at. I was friends with the employee health nurse-Pat. I was getting my annual flu shot from her new assistant.
Just as she was finishing up, she asked " Have you ever gotten the Flu shot before?"
I couldn't resist. I deadpanned: "Yes this is my 5th this week."
The panicked look in her eyes was priceless.
lol.png

I think everybody needs to know their own system, do the research and make decisions based on that. It's always a good idea to know what you are putting in your body and why, or, why not...

They should have provided you with a handout that lists the possible side-effects of getting the flu shot or nasal mist. Since the flu shot is optional, you assume the risks provided that you have reviewed the side effects handout.

I've gotten one every year for the past 5 years, and got my first H1N1 version last year. I actually get less sick from any kind of illness when I get my flu shot.

http://www.cdc.gov/flu/protect/keyfacts.htm

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom