Anyone ever had a chicken adopt a skunk before????!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruana

Hatching
10 Years
Dec 16, 2009
So, we went down to the hen-house this morning to check on one of our hens who is broody. And she was sitting on her eggs. But she was also sitting on a (live) skunk. We thought at first that the skunk must be eating the eggs, but he didn't appear to be, and there were plenty of eggs around that weren't under hens. We removed the skunk, much to the annoyance of the hen, but when we went back down in the afternoon he was back under her again!!! He settles himself in either completely under her (on top of the eggs) or with his head tucked under. She seems perfectly content and only cross when I go near. I have photographic evidence in case no-one believes me! Anyone else had a chicken adopt a skunk or other animal before?

big_smile.png
post the pictures!
gig.gif

Best get the skunk out - it will eventually get hungry!
th.gif

That one is new to me. I have a picture of a hen brooding a puppy--with an irate chick standing beside her in the cold that I use as a screen saver, but I've never even heard of one adopting an egg eater. I'd love to see the pictures, sounds even better than the byc game cam thread.

Where's the best place for me to post the photos? New to this forum . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom