Anyone ever seen a two colored comb?

alhamil94

Hatching
Apr 18, 2023
So i started hatching out my own chicks and this one chick has a two colored comb. I’m pretty sure it may grow out of it but I find it interesting. I have googled and can’t find anything. Chick is healthy, about 8 weeks old and is a Cemani/Faverolle mix. Posting pics..any thoughts? White is starting to come in near comb as of this week.

Attachments

• IMG_5829.png
    IMG_5829.png
    6 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_5803.png
    IMG_5803.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_5810.jpeg
    IMG_5810.jpeg
    508.8 KB · Views: 7
One of my hens is an Ameraucana/Ayam Cemani mix and her comb is black/dark mulberry at the base fading to a lighter mulberry at the top. Her legs are black over gray, her skin is gray and her beak is black at the base and horn at the tip like your bird's is. A lot of AC.

One of my hens is an Ameraucana/Ayam Cemani mix and her comb is black/dark mulberry at the base fading to a lighter mulberry at the top. Her legs are black over gray, her skin is gray and her beak is black at the base and horn at the tip like your bird's is. A lot of AC.
I also have AC/Easter egger mix chicks..pretty much all my chicks came out black 😂 as they get older all the faverolle ones are turning but this is the only one with the two colored comb. I have one that looks like it had a unicorn horn at one point and all that’s on its comb is a circle, pretty much no comb at all

Back
Top Bottom