Anyone ever use Sweet PDZ or Stall Dry with chickens?

Blue_Myst

Songster
10 Years
Feb 5, 2009
I'm looking for a good deodorizer/moisture absorber, and I was looking at Sweet PDZ and Stall Dry that are used for horses. Has anyone ever used these, or similar products, around chickens? Do they show any interest in eating it?

I know DE works for drying as well, but it's expensive and I can't find it locally yet, so I'm looking for a cheap alternative in the meantime.

Thank you!
smile.png

I use sweet pdz and it works great. It is similar to DE as it is made from small crustaceans. You can go to their site and read about it.

My birds have not been interested in eating it at all.

I can't find stall dry here so I settled for sweet PDZ. The chickens showed absolutely no interest in it and it dried up my little problem spot quickly - no more flies there.
I am going to put it under my shavings when I clean the coop this week.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good question! I was wondering the same thing. I plan on using it this weekend when I clean out our coop -- but I wasn't sure how much to use (we do the deep litter method and I'll be adding new shavings on top of the old). Do I just sprinkle a little in and stir it all around?? I can't wait to get rid of these flies and the stinky coop smell! Ackkk!

I just bought my 1st bag of Stall Dry this morning. The bag had a hole so the manager sold it to me for $5.00.
big_smile.png
I figured that was a good deal. Can't wait to try it!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom