Anyone Expecting Ducklings?

myfinefeatheredfriends

Songster
8 Years
Mar 1, 2011
Ohio
Wasn't planning on getting anymore chickens or ducks this year since my coop is maxed out, however DH decided to get me an early Valentine's Day gift and bought me a new coop on the condition that he gets a blue Swedish pair! Thinking about ordering some snowy Mallards, crested Mallards and East Indies ducklings from Ideal (prompted by their good reputation). Just wondering if anyone else is expecting ducklings, either by hatching or otherwise?

How fun, sounds like a fair trade off! Yes, actually i am to finish my flock i finally decided upon two Buff orpingtons.. they won't arrive till late spring however as i prefer more steady temp times to raise ducklings, but that will happen soon enough. Should be fun, i have only ever owned Muscovy but have room for two more ducks so chose to change it up to finalize the flock. Totaling it to 12.

That must be the best compromise I have ever heard of! A coop on the condition that he get some ducks?! You have a fantastic husband!

I'm happy to say that I just ordered some ducklings for Feb. 11 from Metzer Farms. I'll only be getting two, one Buff Orpington and one Blue Swede (both female), but they'll be shipped with special packaging and a heating pad so hopefully they'll be alright.

I can hardly wait.
jumpy.gif
New chicks (or ducklings, as the case may be) are just the best thing ever. Congratulations to everyone else who's expecting some this spring!

I'll be getting some Cayuga ducklings from Holderread Waterfowl Farm this spring. I've never had ducks before (I don't know why, I have a pond on my property and my neighbor has about 30). Holderread seems great, specializing in the conservation of rare breeds. Anyone purchased ducks/ducklings from them before?

Back
Top Bottom