Anyone experimented with Buff Orpington hen crossed with RIR ROOSTER?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by MIKE555444, Jun 11, 2009.

1. MIKE555444

MIKE555444 Songster

Jun 8, 2009
    Pliny, West Virgina
    Has anyone experimented with Buff Orpington hen crossed with RIR ROOSTER?

Anyone have pics of the results?

Thanks [​IMG]

2. monarc23

monarc23 Coturnix Obsessed

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2009
  3. hinkjc

hinkjc Crowing

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    I've done a buff orp roo over a rir hen. The resulting offspring were a dark orange color. I named the one hen Nutmeg. No pics though, as that was quite a few years ago.

4. Chicks_N_Horses

Chicks_N_Horses Songster

Mar 30, 2009
    South Alabama
    I have one that I will show a pic of later when I take one LOL

It is an orange color...really pretty.

5. chickenbottom

chickenbottom Songster

Dec 30, 2008
    hollister, florida
    wow those are nice

6. Krys109uk

Krys109uk Songster

We've got a red Orp project on the go. Started with Buff Orp male on exhibition RIR females. We're on the third generation. Type is still a tad variable. The best being quite close to Orp type but not quite close enough. Colour not quite as dark as an exhibition rhodie but much darker than a new hampshire.

7. THunter

THunter Songster

Quote:Got 8 down in the basement that are approaching 3 weeks old. Not really much to see right yet.

8. lildinkem

lildinkem Songster

Feb 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    W0W Krys that color sounds very cool. My fellow BYCer and friend Heather Perkins brought up a desire for a Choc Orp. She sent me this link,

http://chirpychicks.com/chocolate_orpingtons.htm

I have to admit, I like these birds. Anyone know anyone who has and sells these?

9. Krys109uk

Krys109uk Songster

I have to admit, I like these birds. Anyone know anyone who has and sells these?

I don't know of anyone in US.
    Henk knows of someone in US with the chocolate gene in Seramas.​

10. TerryT

TerryT Hatching

May 22, 2009
    Hustle, Virginia
    I hatched Buff eggs last year. I have one Roo that is the most beautiful gold/buff color and has black in his tail. I am inclined to thing she must have snuck into the RIR pen for a quickie, because this is the only chick to come out looking like this! He is beautiful, large! and very friendly. I have pictures of him...but I haven't read up on how to post to this site. If anyone is interested in him, I will be glad to give it a try or email it to you. He is up for grabs...I just have to cut down on Roos.....I'm not ready to start experimenting yet! Got too much to learn first.

TerryT

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: