Anyone from Greenville SC area?

Thanks.. it says nothing about chickens but there is a four animal limit on residential properties. Super annoying. I have 3 chickens, 2 dogs, a cat and a tortoise. I’m technically “over” their limit. I’d hate to buy a house and then be told by the city that I’m not allowed to have my animals. I’d have to move (as getting rid of them is not an option). Also, if I ever adopt another dog.. just worried….

If you are using a real estate agent discuss your needs with him or her. If you are not using a real estate agent then come for a visit and do a personal inspection of the areas you are interested. There are many farms in Simpsonville but there are certain areas such as new housing developments that are restricting animals. You need to avoid residential properties and find a more rural area to suit your needs. Simpsonville is expanding rapidly and changes are happening. Good luck in your search!

If you are using a real estate agent discuss your needs with him or her. If you are not using a real estate agent then come for a visit and do a personal inspection of the areas you are interested. There are many farms in Simpsonville but there are certain areas such as new housing developments that are restricting animals. You need to avoid residential properties and find a more rural area to suit your needs. Simpsonville is expanding rapidly and changes are happening. Good luck in your search!
Thanks, I’m very familiar with the area (my sister has lived there for 7 years so we’ve seen Simpsonville grow just like you said!). I’m working with an agent and have nixed all new builds/cookie cutter HOA neighborhoods. My main concern is the city ordinances…. :( Mauldin City hall is telling me chickens (hens and roosters) are not allowed ANYWHERE. Seems nuts.

Back
Top Bottom