Anyone from Socal? Looking for Golden/Red Pheasants, Chukars, Mandarin Ducks and Quails

andykhanhn

Hatching
Mar 23, 2015
Hi All,

New to the forum as well as the hobby. Been doing a lot of reading on the subject. I've raised Quails and Chickens before and would like to start raising Golden and Red Pheasants. Also interested in Ducks and other Quails. i.e. Gamble, Bobwhite, etc..

Does anyone know how much these go for in Socal? (average price) and can you guys recommend a place or seller for me to buy from? I'm seeing some on Craigslist, but they're really price around 200+ a pair (Golden Pheasants).. Not sure if that price is trustable..

Thank you in advance...

Andy
Hacienda Heights, CA

When people say golden,they usually mean red golden,most of the cross breeds will say what kinda golden it is.Example:yellow golden,splash golden,dark throated golden and so on.I don't know the Ca prices but 200.00 certainly sounds hi.Try Paul Kao in Northbridge,Bob Jungman in Fresno,Jack Long in Point Reyes Station,Bill Morrison in Paradise,or John York in Lincoln.I can pm you contact #'s if you need them.
In N.H.,Tony.

Thanks, Tony. Appreciate the feedback. Those areas you mentioned are a bit too north of me. I won't be able to make the commute, but I wonder if they have shipping options. If they do, i'd definitely be interested to get those contacts. :)

Back
Top Bottom