Anyone give their chickens toys for enrichment?

bulldog-girl

Songster
11 Years
May 16, 2008
Estacada, OR
I just got my first two adult chickens. right now they share a large chickens house with plenty of roosts and a 60 square foot run. I was wondering if they would enjoy things to play with? Anyone give their chickens toys and if so what?
jumpy.gif

I've heard of some people using parrot toys. Others hang food from the coop or run's top to get the chickens to jump and peck at it. Think heads of cabbage, grape clusters, etc.

I'm thinking of doing the latter for my girls in their run. They're in there 11 hrs/day when I'm at work. There's not much to peck/scratch at or even climb on.

Quote:
Yeah ,but it's made of that slick fabric so it rinses off real easy and most of the poo heats up, hardens and falls off. LOL My silkies love laying eggs in the inside tunnel, they fit about 4 or 5 depending on how determined the silkie. I took them out one time to clean it and they went nutts! I've never seen them so mad!
lol.png

That is so funny
lau.gif
. I would have never thought of that. I'm trying to figure out what I can give them myself. I want them to be busy doing something so they don't peck at each other. They didn't like the hanging food thing. They would just wait until I gave up and cut it down for them and then went crazy.

Back
Top Bottom