anyone got weird names for there chickens??//

Love the names, but so many breeds? Is it good to mix breeds?

I don't know why it wouldn't be. And most of mine have made BF's with one of another breed. My Bar Cochin is all but inseparable with one of the Turkens. They are rarely more than a few inches apart and cry the blues when separated. I don't really have any plans for hatchlings, but now my curiosity is peaked. Wonder what a Cochin-Turken cross would look like. Probably rather hideous...

Eggs will be good, devastation of some of the insects around here better (they'll be big enough to free-range when the grasshoppers bust out), but their antics will be the best! My Buff Orp and one of my Sicilians already do their best to get to my neck and burrow into my hair. Together. I bet they like it when I watch movies and rock them in my chair. They get real comfortable and go to sleep. These two are also good buddies. Now that I think about it, most people I know have more than one breed. What made you ask that? Out of curiosity.

I have 4 chickens, 3 have quite normal names there's Bella a Light Sussex bantam, Ruby a Rhode Island Red, Penny a Rhode Island Cross and then there's Goose...lol
lol.png
she's a black and white cross not sure who the mum is! when she was younger she made a strange honking sound and practised flying a lot by running and flapping her wings, she reminded me so much of a goose that the name just stuck! she acts more like a chicken nowadays, I don't even keep geese lol!

No beak (lost her beak) sizzle and frizzle, gimp, spike, Einstein ( crested polish) buff, skittles, crazy, silkie, pie, terri, crooked (beak) ewok, goth chick & squeaker. We name ours based on either breed or some special characteristic

I have 4 chickens, 3 have quite normal names there's Bella a Light Sussex bantam, Ruby a Rhode Island Red, Penny a Rhode Island Cross and then there's Goose...lol
lol.png
she's a black and white cross not sure who the mum is! when she was younger she made a strange honking sound and practised flying a lot by running and flapping her wings, she reminded me so much of a goose that the name just stuck! she acts more like a chicken nowadays, I don't even keep geese lol!
I have a goose and he does run around flapping!!! good names!! ;D. Btw, he (the goose) is free to a good home if anybody wants him(we live in north Florida) pmessage me if interested

I am new to the chicken world. I have only had baby chicks for 5 days now. I have 2 gold sexlinks that I have named. One is Goldilocks and the other is Blondie. I have 4 others to name.

Well, I sorta have strange chicken names. Or they're just uncommon.
Bisquick-- New Hampshire Red
Buttermilk-- New Hampshire Red
Snap-- Barred Rock
Hedwig-- Barred Rock
Hazel-- Easter Egger
Pippy-- Easter Egger
Omelette-- Buff Orpington
I used to have a bantam Barred Rock named Junior. She broke her neck, and I have never found out how. :(

Back
Top Bottom