Anyone hatching Nov. 21?

I just peeked at the eggs in my incubator and I have a pip in one of my Buff Orp eggs!!

Which is one of the ones I got from crazychickengirl, she sent a great assortment and I am eager to see if they hatch and what they will look like!
fl.gif

No clue on the 7 eggs under the broody. She is a witchy RSL that I bought at an auction and have only had a few months. But she has been diligent and stayed on the nest, so I have hopes she will hatch some.

Edited: To change the type of egg, duh. It was one of the biggest eggs in there, so I figured it was the Java!

Last edited:
Good luck sun angel...I just checked mine - all are quiet. I will take them off the auto turner tomorrow morning and hopefully have a bunch of new little fuzzy butts on friday...

Dont forget all you 21 Novemeber guys - we need pics!!!!

take pics of your current hatch - it is alwasy so cool to see others hatch and post pics of your new babies....

good luck to all of you!

Wow... pips already????

Mine officially started on Nov 2nd (since I put them in at 9pm on Nov 1st). Should I expect pips by day 19 (thur) or day 20 (fri)??? Hatching by Friday (day 20) or Sat (day 21)? I hope not till Saturday night so I can have the weekend with them. worried because I have to work on Fri & Sat till afternoon.

Thanks for the advice here... I put the 2 eggs I'd taken out BACk in the bator since they aren't stinking or oozing. Hopefully there are signs prior to exploding!!!!

Last edited:
The first chick zipped and popped out around 2am. It is still wet yet, but it looks black/brown not buff, I am thinking an egg got mislabeled. It seems to be doing ok, just has a little red stuff hanging from its backend. Hope that will dry up with no problem.

The hole in the Silver Spangled Hamburg egg is a little bigger, but the membrane seems dry and there is just a slit in it. Hope the little chick can get out. No other pips yet.

Humidity is staying between 65-70%

ETA: Second chick-SSH-is out of its shell! Yay! Pipped last night and zipped out 15 mins ago. Don't see any more pips yet. Going out to see if the broody has any chicks hatched yet.

Last edited:
Wow! Leave the post for the evening and all sorts of things happen! No pips on any of mine
sad.png
, not fair. I really don't expect any of mine to hatch until Friday at least.
Waiting for those pics. If we can't watch any of ours hatching yet, we want to see yours!
Becky

Just came in from checking the broody. She had one RIR mix chick hatched and almost dried and 3-4 others pipped (she has 7 eggs total). I took the hatched chick and brought it in to put in the bator with the others. It is 30 degrees here and the coop isn't very warm. Plus, I don't want this broody to raise the chicks, just hatch them.

I don't have any others in my bator pipped yet..so the broody is doing much better. Today is day 20 for all my eggs.

All 3 chicks are dark brown/black so far, weird.

ETA: A couple pics....Sorry they stink, the kids trashed my digital camera somehow.

This is the first one to hatch. Mom is Buff Orp, dad is Black Australorp.
Pic_01Nov192008.jpg

Here is the second one hatching out of the egg. Mom is Silver Spangled Hamburg/dad is Black Australorp.
Pic_03Nov192008.jpg

This a pic of them a little drier. SSH mix in the front, BR/RIR mix from under the broody, in the back.
Pic_02Nov192008.jpg

I saw at least 1 other pip in an EE egg in my bator, couple EE eggs were pipped under the broody too! Good luck to everyone, hope theres lots of pipping today!

4th to hatch was from under the broody. Another dark chick, an EE from the auction eggs. It has joined its other 3 friends in the incubator. 3 under the broody have pips, 2 in my bator have pips.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom