Anyone hatching Nov. 21?

Yeah, they look so good. I just can't wait for mine. I see some of mine rocking. I don't put mine in an egg carton like that. I cut off the tops of butter tubs about an inch and a half and put abuot 5 eggs in each ring, that way they are kept from rolling around when they hatch. Although this time I just had too many eggs so not all of them are in a plastic ring but there are so many they can't roll much anyway, lol.
I should have quail eggs coming in the mail today
big_smile.png
Have to fill up the other bator now.
Becky

Awww, I haven't tried Quail yet. I think this will be my last hatch for the winter or I will have to kick one of the kids out of their rooms and put all my chicks in there lol.

I never see my eggs move, they just pip and sit there. This is my first real hatch. The first hatch was a big flop, the chicks never zipped out and hatched on their own. They just made big holes and then sat like that, either died or waited to be helped out of the shell. I am glad I gave it another try. This is lots of fun.

Nothing here yet...but they may be late..

THE POWER WENT OFF LAST NIGHT!!!!

The incubator was down to 85.
sad.png
After the power came back on I candled since it was day 18 and saw a little movement in a couple so hopefully they are ok.

Day 19....and I wait.....

Oh...for the PP I set mine mid morning on October 31st
smile.png

~Natasha

Off to check the bator....again
big_smile.png

Crossing my fingers for you! Hope the slight temp drop doesn't delay them too much. Specially as it didn't go too low, so maybe temp inside the egg didn't drop too much.

My 5th egg hatched. It was from under the broody. She is winning 3-2 over my bator! This last one was a light chipmunk EE. 4 dark chicks and 1 lighter one so far, with 4 or 5 others pipped.

LOL, This is an interesting read.
I have 2 eggs under a hen due to hatch the 21st. I don't know that they are viable though. The hen hatched one out last week (Brahma/Cochin cross) but it went in the brooder with some other chicks and these are my last 2 eggs but they are Araucana eggs and I have a harder time getting anything to hatch. They don't slosh so I am hopeful they are okay. They don't stink either but I did have to toss one last week that was starting to smell.
Here's hoping we all have good hatches!
ya.gif

I have a 6th chick!
yippiechickie.gif
Its the second Silver Hamburg/BA mix. It came from under the broody. The hen is now taking a bigger lead...4-2 over my bator! I have 2 pips in the bator though and she doesn't have any in her 3 remaining eggs, so we shall see who wins!
big_smile.png

6 cute little chicks, I am elated! I only got 1 from my first hatch, so this is amazing to me!

Pic_06Nov192008.jpg

Back
Top Bottom