Anyone have a hobby that doesn't involve yarn and sewing?

I do!

I fly sailplanes, and I went solo (was allowed to fly alone) just under a year ago. Nobody ever seems to know what it is, so if you want to see what it is then this is a good video on it http://blog.tellallmyfriends.com/tag/glider/

I
also volunteer on a city farm (basically a farm / community centre in a deprived inner city area that has pigs, sheep, goats, chickens, ducks, geese, an oversized rabbit and lots of allotments). I work with the livestock and enable kids to come and work with the animals. Since we've hit a funding crisis, I've also been doing some fundraising work, and I'm also currently painting some pictures to go on new signs.

I have to admit that my sewing looks like a 3 year old did it and I wouldn't have a clue how to knit!

Last edited:
<-------------I draw in my spare time, although most of my spare time seems to be here than with paper and pencil in hand.
wink.png

lessee..... I garden, read, trying my hand at worm farming, gonna try growing mushrooms next, fish, can, pick berries and make jams, bake bread, make jewelry (Earrings), make soaps, candles, body washes, lotions, bath salts, and sugar scrubs, BYC, farming (small scale) getting into herbalism, trying Reiki, camp, hike, swim, bicycle, do tai chi, and generally am up to try most anything. Still on my to do list? Surf, skydiving, rock climbing
wink.png
. Oh almost forgot, I also knit, crochet, sew, and cross stitch.
big_smile.png

Scrapbooking! You're never too old for glue, glitter, stickers, colored paper... I scrapped out wedding album and it was so much fun and even more unique. I saved bags and paper from the showers, wedding gifts, bachlorette party... everything and made for neat backgrounds. Each page is different and so colorful.

Next is my chicken coop/chicks to chicken book. My DH just laughs and shakes his head but it keeps me occupied and you can do it any time of the year no matter the weather!

Hmmm, hobby.... well, I like to read, hand etch glass and mirrors (and sometimes stone), make crazy quilts (but that involves sewing
lau.gif
so it's out for you.), I still want to make that rag quilt - I have all the materials, just no time to get it going.

What I actually have time to do as a hobby is a whole other matter.
wink.png

eta some pics... These are on stone, I don't have any pics loaded of the mirrors or glass, I don't think.

tile
P0003023.jpg

oil lamp
P0003012.jpg

another oil lamp
P0003026.jpg

small tiles (coaster set - these are on porcelain tiles)
P0003007.jpg

this one is actually an oil lamp, also, but can be used as just a tile (there is a hole in the center of the bird for the wick - it looks very cool lit up.)
P0003027.jpg

Oh, almost forgot a Hobby
lau.gif
I like to write stories.

meri

Last edited:
Nice tiles Meri.

I paint on gourds, but the moods are far and few. But when it strikes, watch out.
I'll be painting faces on pumpkins/gourds soon, this is my 10 th yr doing it. We sell them at the bottom of our driveway.

Melinda

I do sew, but I have a serious hobby of making jump standards LOL

pinkstandard2.jpg

I also enjoy hanging out with my little pony mare and her buddy right now, sadly the buddy (big white one) is leaving at the end of the month to meet up with her family in Saskatchewan..

lunaandtetley.jpg

normal_luna_tetley20090803.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom