Anyone have examples of brahma saddle feathers?

Diveks

Songster
6 Years
Jul 14, 2017
Indonesia
I am now growing more and more worried of a lemon pyle brahma pullet i just got, i am suspicious of it’s tail feathers but im not sure if it si exactly the start of saddle feathers.

Breeder told me 100% pullet. Its feathers is pretty broken from being in a wire brooder. It is around 3-4 months? Not sure. Just wanted to compare to other pics of roos/hens this age.

sorry for posting about this chicken again as some of the tail feathers has grown in more these past days.
BF37FCAE-8BED-4C01-9E3E-767B3341A22C.jpeg
E80A2333-AB64-4440-8B5C-5FBFF95B5B42.jpeg

I am now growing more and more worried of a lemon pyle brahma pullet i just got, i am suspicious of it’s tail feathers but im not sure if it si exactly the start of saddle feathers.

Breeder told me 100% pullet. Its feathers is pretty broken from being in a wire brooder. It is around 3-4 months? Not sure. Just wanted to compare to other pics of roos/hens this age.

sorry for posting about this chicken again as some of the tail feathers has grown in more these past days.
View attachment 2862034View attachment 2862035
Pullet. Tail is a normal "pullet" tail.

Based on comb you'd think it was a pullet. But it's male. He has male patterning.

(Not my pic.) you can see the clear difference between sexes in this photo.

1633922128653.jpeg

Here’s another pic of the bird from a different thread of the OP’s. View attachment 2862040
Yes, I do see what you meant. Those are some RED patches...that was one small comb though...what a bummer.

Well...I was wrong! :caf

I will now go back to playing the uke... Thanks Odder! (Hope you do not mind the nickname, I rarely use them anyways).

Pullet. Tail is a normal "pullet" tail.
It is male. Those have gender-specific patterns. Saddles come later in Brahmas.
Im not familiar with the lemons but i do see that the roos have a darker wing colouration. Thank you!
Based on comb you'd think it was a pullet. But it's male. He has male patterning.

(Not my pic.) you can see the clear difference between sexes in this photo.

View attachment 2862039
Oh no yes i do see the colouration. Ah i might have missed that when i took them at night. Will be asking the breeder for more info and if i could trade.
New pic here!
1E7C14EB-AD39-4F0F-A868-03C2584319E6.jpeg

Roo stance?

Im not familiar with the lemons but i do see that the roos have a darker wing colouration. Thank you!

Oh no yes i do see the colouration. Ah i might have missed that when i took them at night. Will be asking the breeder for more info and if i could trade.
New pic here!
View attachment 2862042
Roo stance?
That comb isn't actually all that small...

Hope you can get a pullet!

Yes, I do see what you meant. Those are some RED patches...that was one small comb though...what a bummer.

Well...I was wrong! :caf

I will now go back to playing the uke... Thanks Odder! (Hope you do not mind the nickname, I rarely use them anyways).
Aw thought the red patches meant nothing. The comb fooled me.. not used to pea combs.
That comb isn't actually all that small...

Hope you can get a pullet!
It is tiny compared to my 1 mo younger brahma. Guess my roo was just a fast grower.
9B9807AA-76C9-40ED-8F4C-869306E954CF.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom