Anyone have fish?

Pics
I have a ton of tanks and I breed freshwater cichlids! I also keep flowerhorns and a singular tropical tank. I have 2 saltwater tanks! If anyone can help me with advice on my rose pink urchin and nitrate levels, please message me!

I have a ton of tanks and I breed freshwater cichlids! I also keep flowerhorns and a singular tropical tank. I have 2 saltwater tanks! If anyone can help me with advice on my rose pink urchin and nitrate levels, please message me!
Regular water changes or plants are the only way to get rid of nitrates.

@The Phantom
Thanks! I am doing a ton of water changes but I have a sump box which would be perfect for plants. Do you know any saltwater safe nitrate reducing plants? I only know of freshwater plants. Thanks for the help!
Usually nitrates come from over feeding. Or too many fish. How big are the tanks and sumps? What do you have for lighting? Do you have a skimmer? Are they fish only or mixed with coral?

@The Phantom
Thanks! I am doing a ton of water changes but I have a sump box which would be perfect for plants. Do you know any saltwater safe nitrate reducing plants? I only know of freshwater plants. Thanks for the help!
Chaetomorpha macro algae in your sump will control the nitrates and phosphates.
Will also help keep the pH swing to a minimum when combined with a daylight/night schedule, ie; display 12 - 14 hours lights on, the sump will have lights off, when display light go off, the sump lights come on.
Chaeto grows fast, so you'll need to keep it trimmed back. The plus side is your exporting nitrates and phosphates and can sell the excess chaeto back to a fish store or to other aquarist.

Back
Top Bottom