Anyone have Miniature Sheep?

Quote:
Slow down on the chocalote.....don't want you missing the meeting because of a sugar overdose. My fingers and toes are still crossed for you. Please let us know how it goes.
fl.gif

yuckyuck.gif
Ods you are sooo funny..

Guess what? They couldn't decide, the board once again scratched their heads and couldn't decide... they knew I was gonna be there... Ugh... now I have to wait another month. It's not looking good for this reason, the Mayor asked if these L'il guys were considered livestock. I said yes but then a couple people on the board said that they believed the Livestock laws were for cattle and horses and that these little guys really don't fall into the same category.

The question of manure came up and I said it could be composted and a woman that was there said that I should contact the local health department because she believed it cannot be. I told them that if that were the case there was a woman down the street from me... 5 houses away btw (but she's not in the village) that has horses and I would find out what she did with her manure. I told them that whatever needed to be done I would do it. My neighbor stood up and said he would help with the sheep when we weren't home.... Idk

As we were leaving a board memeber ran outside to me in the parking lot and explained that it was not a dead subject that he actually liked the idea but there was a problem with setting a precedent for less responsible people... I do understand that... darn those irresponsible people.

Anyway, so now I wait again
barnie.gif

AWW NUTS!! I was all ready to do the happy dance.
barnie.gif
Can't be composted??? Of course it can be composted. A rain storm pretty much breaks down any poo in the yard. Not to mention the chickens will pick at it. Here is a large company that composts sheep poo. http://www.a1organics.com/PDF/Company Profile.pdf You are going to need a manure management plan to present at the next meeting. Here is a link to give you ideas. http://www.emswcd.org/horses-a-livestock/manure/50-manure/61-manure-management

Thanks so much..
big_smile.png
I have a plan...
wink.png
I am going to look up all the manure management stuff (thanks) but I think my biggest obstacle here is going to be that the Village doesn't want to set a precedent.... I understand that cause I could see people just getting these animals without researching or taking proper care of them. So I am going to try to get the Village to agree to special circumstances... like maybe I'll graze the sheep on the lawn of Village Hall once a week, LOL. Idk it was just an idea..
idunno.gif

Well, I just received an email from the Health Department saying that sheep manure can infact be composted and/or thrown away in the garbage,
tongue2.gif
LOL. Anyway, interestingly enough the guy from the health department also mentioned that sheep are considered domestic animals and need to get vaccinated for rabies.... I forwarded the email to the Village Clerk... Do you think this will help our case? I mean if the Health Department considers them domestic... why shouldn't the village?
fl.gif

If the health dept says there domestic and you where refered to the health dept,I'd say that helps!!! Never heard sheep called domestic but if it helps use it.lol

Well, honestly I haven't either but I have it in writing.... so I guess we'll see
hu.gif

Back
Top Bottom