anyone have Sebastobol eggs? ?

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by chickenlisa, Apr 19, 2008.

1. chickenlisa

chickenlisa Invincible Summer

Apr 9, 2007
    I'm starting to wonder and wish for Sebastobol geese...does anyone have any eggs they'd trade? I've got ducks and chickens and could trade lots of them for a fewer amount of goose eggs. I'm only wanting Sebbies. They sound gentler,and a bit smaller than other geese. Plus they are gorgeous!
    Anyone?

Lisa

2. austinhart123

austinhart123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2008
    Los Angeles CA
    my pair arent laying....sorry

3. hcammack

hcammack Overrun With Chickens

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    Peachick may have some eggs look her up.
    Henry

4. pips&peeps

pips&peeps There is no "I" in Ameraucana

Jan 18, 2008
    Newman Lake, WA
    Where are you located?

I got two eggs today and expect two on Monday. I can ship Monday night or Tuesday depending on when they lay if you are in the Mid-west or West as they are very time sensitive.

My price is $45.00 which includes the shipping.

5. chickenlisa

Apr 9, 2007
    Hi, Jean, I'm in NJ. With Priority shipping, its 2-3 days. I'm willing if they are shipped out right after you collect the 3rd and 4th eggs...as long as Sebbie eggs last like chicken and duck eggs. Those are fine as long as they go into the bator within about 6- 10 days I think. Let me know. I'll check in the am-I'm going to bed.Its late and I'm about to fall asleep on the desk here.
    Lisa

6. peachick

peachick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2007
    Maryland 21787
    I have 3 pair (and 3 extra backelors if somone is interested in a gander)

the girls just started laying again. I have about 4-6 eggs collected right now... I could ship them on Monday.

7. chickenlisa

Apr 9, 2007
    Jean and Peachick, how big are the eggs? I woke up thinking,"will they fit in my auto turner with duck and chicken eggs?" If not, I'll need to wait for 1 of my bators to be empty and I could take the auto turner out and put Sebbie eggs in then and just turn them myself.
    So that will be in about 2 weeks...hatch day for bator 1 should be around May 5th...so thats about 2 1/2 weeks. Peachick, how much would 6 eggs shipped be? You can PM me. I'm just thinking that Maryland is so much closer than WA, the eggs would maybe do better in shipping. Maybe not though. I don't know. Let me know what you all think.

Thanks
    Lisa

8. Broke Down Ranch

Broke Down Ranch Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2007
    Texas
    I'm not Jean or Peachick but I have sebbies too and I can tell you I don't think the goose eggs will fit in the same turner as the chicken and duck eggs. As a matter of fact you should also have an expansion ring when doing goose eggs.

9. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    I have a goose egg turner for my 1588. The size of the eggs requires it. Only 16 eggs at a time will fit due to their weight.

10. peachick

peachick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2007
    Maryland 21787
    Last year I had them in a goose rack and nothing hatched.... this year I am hand turning them for the first week, then putting them in the large incubator, laying on their side..... they dont seem to like being upright. Im getting about an 75% hatch rate this year.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by