anyone have Sebastobol eggs? ?

chickenlisa

Invincible Summer
12 Years
Apr 9, 2007
I'm starting to wonder and wish for Sebastobol geese...does anyone have any eggs they'd trade? I've got ducks and chickens and could trade lots of them for a fewer amount of goose eggs. I'm only wanting Sebbies. They sound gentler,and a bit smaller than other geese. Plus they are gorgeous!
Anyone?

Lisa

Where are you located?

I got two eggs today and expect two on Monday. I can ship Monday night or Tuesday depending on when they lay if you are in the Mid-west or West as they are very time sensitive.

My price is $45.00 which includes the shipping.

Hi, Jean, I'm in NJ. With Priority shipping, its 2-3 days. I'm willing if they are shipped out right after you collect the 3rd and 4th eggs...as long as Sebbie eggs last like chicken and duck eggs. Those are fine as long as they go into the bator within about 6- 10 days I think. Let me know. I'll check in the am-I'm going to bed.Its late and I'm about to fall asleep on the desk here.
Lisa

I have 3 pair (and 3 extra backelors if somone is interested in a gander)

the girls just started laying again. I have about 4-6 eggs collected right now... I could ship them on Monday.

Jean and Peachick, how big are the eggs? I woke up thinking,"will they fit in my auto turner with duck and chicken eggs?" If not, I'll need to wait for 1 of my bators to be empty and I could take the auto turner out and put Sebbie eggs in then and just turn them myself.
So that will be in about 2 weeks...hatch day for bator 1 should be around May 5th...so thats about 2 1/2 weeks. Peachick, how much would 6 eggs shipped be? You can PM me. I'm just thinking that Maryland is so much closer than WA, the eggs would maybe do better in shipping. Maybe not though. I don't know. Let me know what you all think.

Thanks
Lisa

I'm not Jean or Peachick but I have sebbies too and I can tell you I don't think the goose eggs will fit in the same turner as the chicken and duck eggs. As a matter of fact you should also have an expansion ring when doing goose eggs.

I have a goose egg turner for my 1588. The size of the eggs requires it. Only 16 eggs at a time will fit due to their weight.

Last year I had them in a goose rack and nothing hatched.... this year I am hand turning them for the first week, then putting them in the large incubator, laying on their side..... they dont seem to like being upright. Im getting about an 75% hatch rate this year.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom