Anyone have this pre-fab chicken coop

mommy2pnutty

In the Brooder
11 Years
Oct 27, 2008
I purchased this on ebay from a company called Alping pets, last fall. I regret that purchase now because I had the worst time dealing with that company. They actually deleted my sale so I couldn't leave them bad feedback! Anyways, I was wondering if anyone else has this coop. It says that you can fit 5-6 standard chickens in it. But now that we have it constructed, we think its too small for that many.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Deluxe-Chicken-...5|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318|301:1|293:1|294:50

I also wish I would have looked on this site before purchasing the coop. There are so many cute designs for coops!
big_smile.png

welcome-byc.gif

There are many great coop designs posted here. This is a great place, period. My wife and I studied here a lot last year before we got our coop built - our next door neighbor really is a whiz a carpentry and helped us a lot. We've ordered a much nicer coop this year - by having chickens in our current coop we learned what we want for our "next" coop. LOL...

These manufacturer claims that a 4 ft by 4 ft coop will house 12 bantams or X Number of large birds is really doing a disservice to themselves and to pet owners They want the quick sale... A shame that most people don't realize when doing business to look at it long term. I went to chef school and they taught us:

An unsatisfied woman customer tells 20 of her friends of the bad experience she had

And rightfully so... (I'll stop ranting now).

But no sense crying over spilt milk. You got a coop you can use in the future for baby chicks, or a sick bird hospital. You get your next REALLY LARGE coop built and having this barn will still be handy for the errant or sick bird.

Again

welcome-byc.gif

Seems a bit small to me, if you can builed another one using a BYC plan then you will have 2 lol you are bound to get more chooks and it would probably be great for bantams
big_smile.png

BTW
welcome-byc.gif

Yeah, I should have done more research before buying. O well. There is no way my husband will let me get another, he dosen't really like the idea of chickens in the back yard anyways. So I guess I'll just stick with a few chickens. I know I'll want more, but I'll have to wait till I move to a farm one day.
lol.png

I actually looked at that coop for my two ducks. Thanks for the heads up.
I think when they say it will fit 5-6 birds they mean when they are roosting and not anything else.

Back
Top Bottom