Anyone help is appreciated!

FeatherTay

Crowing
Jun 28, 2020
Kansas
So this was an egg I got. The crack looked weird and the inside had a white thing on it. What does this mean?
9EFFA110-B963-44B8-A8C7-3AE67AC505AE.jpeg
4F074E9C-A009-445D-806E-E6754D1954AB.jpeg

So I do know that I can’t eat damaged ones. But the ones with the little white circle in them can i eat? If this one has it then there are definitely more.

So this was an egg I got. The crack looked weird and the inside had a white thing on it. What does this mean?View attachment 2638878View attachment 2638879
The crack looks like someone pecked it.
I see nothing weird inside.
I agree. I have occasionally found some of my chickens, usually because they see the rooster doing it, pecking at the eggs. One of our chickens accidentally kicked an egg out of the coop and it broke and now all my
I do have a roo. Haven’t collected for 2 days. Could a hen have been broody? Can I still eat these eggs?
I wouldn’t eat any eggs that are broken before you find them, but all the other eggs are perfectly fine to eat. Eating fertilized eggs is fine as long as you don’t incubate them or take them from a broody hen that has been sitting on them for an extended period of time. All ours are typically fertile, and we’ve never had any issues eating them. The fertile eggs don’t have chicks in them, they only begin to grow when they are incubated

Back
Top Bottom