Anyone impatiently waiting for your baby chicks to arrive?!?!

Fleetwood77 where did the chicks ship from?
I am trying to figure out (guess) how long it will take mine to get to me. My problem is I have to take the day off or morning off to get to the post office and really hate taking two days off just cause I am not sure when they will arrive. Anyone in Oregon or neighbor state that has ordered from MPC before? I am guessing there will be tracking on the express shipment and I can find out after its been sent when the peeps are arriving, but that makes it hard to schedule time off :p When I ordered they couldn't tell me due to hatch times and when they actually get out for shipping but expected probably two days. Any input would be great!

I am trying to figure out (guess) how long it will take mine to get to me.  My problem is I have to take the day off or morning off to get to the post office and really hate taking two days off just cause I am not sure when they will arrive. Anyone in Oregon or neighbor state that has ordered from MPC before?  I am guessing there will be tracking on the express shipment and I can find out after its been sent when the peeps are arriving, but that makes it hard to schedule time off :p  When I ordered they couldn't tell me due to hatch times and when they actually get out for shipping but expected probably two days.  Any input would be great!

My first shipment this year was from MPC. It shipped from Ohio to STL: out Tuesday, arrived Thursday early morning. I would expect that they might use a different drop shipper/hatchery for yours--makes sense to me to have one in the east, midwest, and the west.

I am trying to figure out (guess) how long it will take mine to get to me. My problem is I have to take the day off or morning off to get to the post office and really hate taking two days off just cause I am not sure when they will arrive. Anyone in Oregon or neighbor state that has ordered from MPC before? I am guessing there will be tracking on the express shipment and I can find out after its been sent when the peeps are arriving, but that makes it hard to schedule time off :p When I ordered they couldn't tell me due to hatch times and when they actually get out for shipping but expected probably two days. Any input would be great!

Chickens for Backyards. I placed the order beginning of January and they immediately emailed me with a shipping date of 2/22. It said they'd arrive within 2 to 3 days. I have Wednesdays off so that worked out perfectly and my husband arranged to go in late on Thursday in case that's when they'd arrive. Then they called me on Wednesday because one of the breeds hadn't hatched well to see if I would be okay with changing my order. They told me then that they were being shipped that afternoon and would arrive Wednesday. The tracking info also said that. They used 2 day shipping.

My advice would be to call the post office prior to them arriving to let them know they are coming. Also, if you have not heard from them by the time open, call to see if they are there and ready to be picked up. Apparently my post office doesn't have the brightest employees. The instructions on the box clearly said to call me right away and nobody did. I called a few minutes after they opened and they told me I could get them.

I definitely will be visiting the PO when they open come shipping time! I have spoken to one of the employees, she said they get a lot of chicks at my PO for both the farm store and others in town, so they are pretty well versed (whew). The wait is so painful
th.gif

oh my gosh I am so so so glad I fond this.i live in ME. And i am getting my chicks at Paris farmers and iam getting 12 this yr. the ones I am getting are going to be: 2 bantams,2 BRs,2 golden comets, 2 golden lace Wyandottes,2 EEs,1black sex link,and 1 buff orp.

Um...this is a stupid question.im getting 1 black sex link and its 90 chance that's its going to be a hen but what are they most hens or Roos? Cause I do not want a roo.

Thanks kyndra

Um...this is a stupid question.im getting 1 black sex link and its 90 chance that's its going to be a hen but what are they most hens or Roos? Cause I do not want a roo.

Thanks kyndra

Sex-links are much easier to sex than regular chicks. Regular chicks have to be vent-sexed as day-olds (usually with 90-95% accuracy guaranteed by the hatchery), but sex-links are designed to have different colored down between males and females as chicks. Mistakes are made, but your chances are good at getting what you wanted.

Thanks kyndra

black sex links are auto sexing....meaning at birth you can tell the roos from the hens...BSL pullet chicks will be solid black while cockrels will have a decent size white spot on their head and look like barred rocks when grown up while girls are still solid black but maybe with some brown breast feathers so you should easily be able to know which gender your chick is

Back
Top Bottom