anyone in England ?

Pics
Sorry, I don't use a run for my garden hens, they free-range. I would cover the whole run with a tarp during rainy days? Mine love scratching in leaves, plus it breaks down to make fab mulch, so maybe try that.

Many thanks for info. I let the girls out in the garden with me as much as I can. We have a Sottie and a Westie that are not sure what to make of the hens so I am keeping a close eye on them at all times. If only the weather would calm down!

Hi Im from walsall west midlands you the nearest to me so far,Have you had chickens for long if so can you help.. I did have 4 chickens 2 xbattery and 2 my son gave me from a farm, 1from the farm got taken by a fox and 1 xbattery died 4 weeks ago, my other xbattery is not so good,(iv had her a year) she trys to eat but just picks, I thought she was egg bound but have done what it says to do but still looking ill and no eggs for a week,have put lice powder and red mite powder on her and the coop on case its that, dont know what else to do.

I am pretty new to this (3 years) but some questions spring to mind. What did the other one die of? Were the dead one and the sick one around when the one was taken by the fox? Were they free range and running away from the fox and got exhausted or are they suffering shock? I heard of giving poorly hens scrambled eggs. You could try this? Could you isolate her in case it is something the others could catch? I also make a bran mash of left over kitchen veg peelings boiled up and bran added whilst cooling (I use cheap bran flakes!). Mine love it and it may get her tastebuds going. Do you have a chicken jumper for her? Ex batteries feel the cold so much more. My Mum made mine 2 jumpers from fleecy scarves and velcro but if you google it, there are knitting patterns. Good luck xxx

Hi guys. Does anyone have any fertile eggs who lives near Bolton? Would you like an egg swop? I can travel as far as Manchester or Preston if you want to meet up.

UK BYC'ers.. I am in DESPERATE need!! PLEASE tell me you can help,,,
About 2 weeks ago I found out a dear friend died, she was in California, USA, but she was born in England, although her father was in the US Airforce at the time, she was born at an English Hospital.
I am trying to help her boyfriend and her roommate/caretaker to find a family member, no matter how distant.
If we can't find some one, the county will have her cremated and buried in a mass grave and they will NOT tell us and her closest friends where she is buried.
PLEASE!! I don't know whom to contact over in the UK, what agency I can contact.
Can anyone help, can you email me with any information, it would be very helpful.
I don't know what part of England she was born in. All I have is her mother's name.
Please feel free to email me!!
Carol Anderson
[email protected]

Her mother was a psychiatrist or pyschologist.
Her name is Dorian Ford, she was born July 26th 1955
Her mother's name was Virginia Harrum (she married George Ford, from Arkansas)

Last edited:
UK BYC'ers.. I am in DESPERATE need!! PLEASE tell me you can help,,,
About 2 weeks ago I found out a dear friend died, she was in California, USA, but she was born in England, although her father was in the US Airforce at the time, she was born at an English Hospital.
I am trying to help her boyfriend and her roommate/caretaker to find a family member, no matter how distant.
If we can't find some one, the county will have her cremated and buried in a mass grave and they will NOT tell us and her closest friends where she is buried.
PLEASE!! I don't know whom to contact over in the UK, what agency I can contact.
Can anyone help, can you email me with any information, it would be very helpful.
I don't know what part of England she was born in. All I have is her mother's name.
Please feel free to email me!!
Carol Anderson
[email protected]

Her mother was a psychiatrist or pyschologist.
Her name is Dorian Ford, she was born July 26th 1955
Her mother's name was Virginia Harrum (she married George Ford, from Arkansas)

Three suggestions:

1. Call the British Embassy in Washington to see if there is any help they can give. http://ukinusa.fco.gov.uk/en/

2. Contact psychiatrists' professional bodies in whichever country her mother practiced.

3. Contact the USAF authorities.

Good luck.

If all else fails, find a special spot, ie somewhere she liked to go and plant a tree or just go there to think of her.

All my condolences

Sue x

Back
Top Bottom