anyone in England ?

Pics
Hi I'm from the north west of England and want to know if anyone knows of any good poultry shows coming up. :)

Hi there! I'm not into showing my birds but have you tried a copy of " Practical Poultry "
Depending on what you would like to show, I'm sure there is a list of breed clubs in it for the UK maybe they could help you if you gave them a call.

Hi there! I'm not into showing my birds but have you tried a copy of " Practical Poultry "
Depending on what you would like to show, I'm sure there is a list of breed clubs in it for the UK maybe they could help you if you gave them a call.

I don't want to show my birds, I just want to see all of the beautiful chickens and the breeders usually come with extra chicks from their show stock to sell so it's good for getting heritage birds :)

Quote:I think that depends on whether you want a utility strain (good egg/meat production) or a standards compliant one… it seems to be relatively difficult to find one which fits both bills! I have been looking for a few good heritage strains, but I find that when I talk to breeders who show those strains, they become very cagey when I start asking about what to expect in terms of egg numbers.

I can't do egg swaps, but I've just hatched Light Sussex, white Leghorn and cream Legbars so will have chicks available of both genders starting in April or so.

Warrens, welsummers, silkies, light sussex, wyandottes, gold dutch, pekins and some lavender crosses (lavender gold laced wyandotte crossed silkie cockerel and lavender legbar crossed silkie hen. Basically makes lavender chicks and blue green eggs).

Back
Top Bottom