Anyone in rural Osceola County, Florida?

cknmamajen

Hatching
8 Years
May 23, 2011
I need help in determining the law regarding chickens. Everything I can find does not allow for them....anywhere in Osceola County, but more than half of my neighbors in my VERY rural area have them as well as other livestock. We also have a very active 4-h membership in our county with a LARGE Livestock Show and Fair in Feb where hundresds of chickens are shown....????? I am confused??? Anyone know of a way around the no chicken ordinances or am I reading them wrong????

Thanks for any suggestions or help.

We lived there when I was a little girl. I suggest talking to your neighbors and seeing what they know. It doesn't seem to be much of a problem since so many people have them

Well thats what I thought....especially since many of the chicken owners are Sherriff Deputys in my neighborhood. The problem IS my neighbor who complained about the fence we are building. He is mad because when we bought the property it included a portion that he thought was his. We had the utilities marked, called and had a survey done, ect. He thinks that we need a permit, but we do not. Anyway, he did not complain about the chickens, but the code enforcement officer told us that chickens are not allowed in Osceola County at all. ????? What about all the 4-h kids??? We have a huge Poultry show during our Fair in Feb. I guess everyone is ILLEGAL????

Just wondering if anyone knew anything. Thanks,.

This is RM-1 Zoning in Osceola Fl according to the zoning rules for this land. I had to do a little searching and we are headed that way to live and I too want chickens. Thought this would help. Good Luck, Vox
1. Groves and farms for the cultivation and propagation of citrus, vegetables, fruits berries, nuts, grass, sod and trees.

2. Pastures and grasslands for the cultivation and propagation of livestock except for swine and poultry.

3. Greenhouse or nursery for domestic plants and landscaping materials when accessor and incidental to the principal dwelling.

4. Wholesale commercial greenhouses and nurseries, if located in the rural land category as illustrated on the Osceola County Comprehensive Plan, future plan use may change.

5. Lakes and ponds for the cultivation and propagation of fish and marine foods for personal consumption only.

6. Areas for the cultivation and propagation of bees, earthworms and similar insects.

7. Dairy farms.

8. Barns, stables, and silos for the housing of livestock, hay, and feed.

9. Buildings, structures, equipment and work animals utilized for bonafide agricultural activities.

10. Single family residence, including customary uses such as a garage, carport, and porch when accessory and incidental to the principal dwelling.

11. Single family manufactured home and mobile home, including customary uses such a garage, carport, and porch, when accessory and incidental to the principal dwelling.

12. Swimming pool, spa, recreation room, screen room, boathouse and other customar uses when accessory and incidental to the principal dwelling.

13. Guest home or quarters for domestic employees, when accessory and incidental to the principal dwelling, in accordance with Conditional Use and Site Standard (C.U.S.S.) o this Ordinance.

14. Pier, dock or boathouse, when accessory and incidental to the principal dwelling:

15. Dwellings (5 or less) and customary uses for farm workers, ranch hands and seasonal laborers, when accessory and incidental to a bonafide agricultural activity, provided the overall density does not exceed 1 dwelling unit/5 acres. These dwellings may include single family dwellings, standard design manufactured homes, residential desig manufactured homes or mobile homes.

16. Swine and poultry not exceeding a limit of two (2) swine and six (6) fowl provide they are contained in a pen or fenced enclosure that maintains a minimum 100 fee setback from any property boundary.

17. Buildings, yards, pens and or fenced yards, when accessory and incidental to the principal dwelling, for the keeping of no more than four (4) canine. Pens shal maintain a minimum setback of ten (10) feet from any property boundary.

18. Silviculture and forestry operations when operated in accordance with other provision of this Ordinance.

19. Community Residential Home A in accordance with Conditional Use and Sit Standard (C.U.S.S.) of this Ordinance.

20. Agricultural stands in accordance with Conditional Use and Site Standard (C.U.S.S.) of this Ordinance.

21. Class I aircraft landing fields in accordance with Conditional Use and Site Standard
(C.U.S.S.) of this Ordinance.

22. Temporary residences in accordance with Conditional Use and Site Standar

23. Storage buildings, hobby shop and tool sheds, when accessory and incidental to th
principal dwelling, in accordance with Conditional Use and Site Standard (C.U.S.S.) o this
Ordinance.

24. Distribution electric substations, except on property that is designated as
preservation conservation or historic preservation on the future land use map, in accordance wit
Section 163.3208, Florida Statutes, as amended.

This is RM-1 Zoning in Osceola Fl according to the zoning rules for this land. I had to do a little searching and we are headed that way to live and I too want chickens. Thought this would help. Good Luck, Vox
1. Groves and farms for the cultivation and propagation of citrus, vegetables, fruits berries, nuts, grass, sod and trees.

2. Pastures and grasslands for the cultivation and propagation of livestock except for swine and poultry.

3. Greenhouse or nursery for domestic plants and landscaping materials when accessor and incidental to the principal dwelling.

4. Wholesale commercial greenhouses and nurseries, if located in the rural land category as illustrated on the Osceola County Comprehensive Plan, future plan use may change.

5. Lakes and ponds for the cultivation and propagation of fish and marine foods for personal consumption only.

6. Areas for the cultivation and propagation of bees, earthworms and similar insects.

7. Dairy farms.

8. Barns, stables, and silos for the housing of livestock, hay, and feed.

9. Buildings, structures, equipment and work animals utilized for bonafide agricultural activities.

10. Single family residence, including customary uses such as a garage, carport, and porch when accessory and incidental to the principal dwelling.

11. Single family manufactured home and mobile home, including customary uses such a garage, carport, and porch, when accessory and incidental to the principal dwelling.

12. Swimming pool, spa, recreation room, screen room, boathouse and other customar uses when accessory and incidental to the principal dwelling.

13. Guest home or quarters for domestic employees, when accessory and incidental to the principal dwelling, in accordance with Conditional Use and Site Standard (C.U.S.S.) o this Ordinance.

14. Pier, dock or boathouse, when accessory and incidental to the principal dwelling:

15. Dwellings (5 or less) and customary uses for farm workers, ranch hands and seasonal laborers, when accessory and incidental to a bonafide agricultural activity, provided the overall density does not exceed 1 dwelling unit/5 acres. These dwellings may include single family dwellings, standard design manufactured homes, residential desig manufactured homes or mobile homes.

16. Swine and poultry not exceeding a limit of two (2) swine and six (6) fowl provide they are contained in a pen or fenced enclosure that maintains a minimum 100 fee setback from any property boundary.

17. Buildings, yards, pens and or fenced yards, when accessory and incidental to the principal dwelling, for the keeping of no more than four (4) canine. Pens shal maintain a minimum setback of ten (10) feet from any property boundary.

18. Silviculture and forestry operations when operated in accordance with other provision of this Ordinance.

19. Community Residential Home A in accordance with Conditional Use and Sit Standard (C.U.S.S.) of this Ordinance.

20. Agricultural stands in accordance with Conditional Use and Site Standard (C.U.S.S.) of this Ordinance.

21. Class I aircraft landing fields in accordance with Conditional Use and Site Standard

22. Temporary residences in accordance with Conditional Use and Site Standar

23. Storage buildings, hobby shop and tool sheds, when accessory and incidental to th
principal dwelling, in accordance with Conditional Use and Site Standard (C.U.S.S.) o this
Ordinance.

24. Distribution electric substations, except on property that is designated as
preservation conservation or historic preservation on the future land use map, in accordance wit
Section 163.3208, Florida Statutes, as amended.

ok so what does all this means can i or can't i have chickens

City of Kissimmee does not support any chickens. Osceola County its okay as long as your zoned with one or more acre of land. Jacked up bs rules. Again the little guy cant have squat but we have to listen to barking dogs all **** night

Back
Top Bottom