Anyone in WV???

@WVduckchick
 the rural king here has some too.  The employees didn't know what kind though.  They have alot of nice stuff there but their knowledge of chickens is that of a toddler.  I may go back and try again.  But they usually have really basic breads.

@monnarush
 Both the welsummers and the silkies are on my want list.  When does your order arrive?

The Rural King in Parkersburg is the same way....no labels on the tanks as to what chicks are in it, several breeds in the same tanks and the employees usually don't know which is which.  It's all a potshoot as to what you will receive if you buy those chicks.  They seem to know nothing about them nor do they care to learn. 

I bought some EE's from the Parkersburg RK a few weeks ago out of desperation because I only had one chick hatch from six and didn't want him to be alone. They were healthy but it's early in the season, and WVDuckChick and I could see that they had some of the sex links mixed in with the EEs.

I've had better luck, locally, with the Marietta TSC, Apex True Value, and the Beverley Feed store.

My Welsumer Chicks arrive the second week in April. The Silkies are ready now. I have decided to let all my Silkies go and just have the Welsumer breed.

I have one white rooster and I know you cannot have a rooster so he will need a home if anyone in wv needs a beautiful White Silkie rooster, his is not mean but does not liked picked up.

My Girls: 1 Partridge her name is Terra, There is my broody girl Storm she is Black, Then Smoke is mostly black but a few smoke colored feathers are sometimes seen, then there is my very petite girl Coal and she is jet black but a bit smaller than her sisters.

They all have a great personality, they are not mean but again do not like to be held much. They do get under my feet at 2pm treat time, they are all laying eggs and I can show their eggs if you want to see them. In November the four girls laid me 22 eggs, I used them already, and so far in January they have laied 21 eggs and 1 very small tiny egg (my guess from coal) lol but I kept it because it was so cute. She usually lays a bit bigger egg but that was a miss fire I think LOL :)

I would like to have 8.00 for my Silkie Hens and I will also bring 18 of the eggs they have laid this Month for example (free).

I have appointments for my Daughter in Charleston next week if we can arrange something you would not have very far to drive. Her appointments are at CAMC memorial Hospital, and one at the Cancer Center. I will have to get the exact day as she is not home right now. My husband and I driver to her to her appointments. She also will have her Surgery in March if that month is better for you.

The Welsummers of course will be the second week of April so we can work something out with that later.

Sincerely, Monna Rush

Anybody got any fertile eggs near charleston they wanna sell? Any breed, duck chicken quail whatever. I finally got a new incubator and I wanna load it up!!!

I live in Parkersburg, but will be in Ripley tomorrow. Not sure how many of each I have that are less than 10 days old, but I could have bantam cochins, seramas, bantam chocolate Orpingtons, and I also have a pen of "cochins" that have beards/muffs.

If you'd be interested in any of them, I'll count up what I have. And post some pics of parents and chicks I've hatched.

Cochins, chocolates, and seramas that hatched this week

Back
Top Bottom