Anyone in WV???

Quote:

Uh oh... just what I need.. a nearby enabler.. Guess its a good thing that youre not too close..lol.. Would you ship eggs? I dont get out a whole lot and Im sure it would be a lot more risky than getting them in person but dont know if thats feasible for me. The chocolates are absolutely stunning. I have been stalking the Eng Orp thread and there have been a few pics of chocolates postly recently and I just sit and drool over them..lol. I did finally get my breeding pen squared away yesterday, now just need to decide if I am putting the Orps in it and letting the BLRW roam or the opposite. Its plenty big enough for a trio, but I am worried about big butt roo squeezing his massive @$$ thru the doors and up the ramp
hmm.png

I can enable some more if you want! LOL My husband travels your way on business every couple of weeks. So if you want eggs, he probably wouldn't mind meeting you somewhere, Clarksburg-ish? PM me if you want to discuss. So far they are laying very well, so no rush....

Someone is coming to get my black split roo today. He's gorgeous, but I just had one too many. Hate to part with good boys, but sometimes we have to.

And my broody is due to hatch her chicks any time now.

And by the way, the threads like the English Orp thread are VERY dangerous!!
lol.png

I love Pocahontas County :) I live almost on top of the county line on the side of Droop Mountain. I am at the two week countdown. My husband and I are changing our location for the chicks and we are fixing an area in the coop for them we are making sure it is draft free, we feel that this will be a safer location that the garage we were going to put them in due mostly to our cat who loves to hunt birds. She tends to sneak in the garage every chance she gets. The chicken coop and run is critter proof so far and the cat has never been able to get into it. The coop is double walled, but has ventilation, but I just want to ensure it there are not any drafts so we are working on that this weekend. I am so excited :) If I could get away with it I would put them in the cabin with us LOL but due to my asthma and my husband that is not an option. Also its a one room cabin so you can see it would be a tight fit for all of us. :)

Hi everyone!I'm new here and wanted to stop in and introduce myself. I've had a backyard mutt flock for most of my life and have recently decided to start focusing on actual breeds. I'm starting with a trio of BLRW and a pair of mottled orps with a lavender cuckoo hen. I have some buff brahma bantam babies and some sultan (bantam)babies that I can't wait to see grow up. I'd love to add more English Orps to my yard pretties but as I'm sure most of you know, they're hard to find in the middle of no where..lol.

I live in Harrison County and am a big book nerd and other than books and the farm, I'm a pretty boring person. Looking forward to going back through the thread and "meeting" every one

welcome!!

I have a flock of chocolate English orps. A black split roo and a mauve roo, over chocolate, black and mauve hens. Have a broody sitting on 15 eggs, due next weekend. I hatched some a few weeks ago, but already sold the chicks. Might do another set of them in the near future. :)

Uh oh... just what I need.. a nearby enabler.. Guess its a good thing that youre not too close..lol.. Would you ship eggs? I dont get out a whole lot and Im sure it would be a lot more risky than getting them in person but dont know if thats feasible for me. The chocolates are absolutely stunning. I have been stalking the Eng Orp thread and there have been a few pics of chocolates postly recently and I just sit and drool over them..lol. I did finally get my breeding pen squared away yesterday, now just need to decide if I am putting the Orps in it and letting the BLRW roam or the opposite. Its plenty big enough for a trio, but I am worried about big butt roo squeezing his massive @$$ thru the doors and up the ramp :/

I can enable some more if you want!  LOL  My husband travels your way on business every couple of weeks.  So if you want eggs, he probably wouldn't mind meeting you somewhere, Clarksburg-ish?  PM me if you want to discuss.  So far they are laying very well, so no rush....

Someone is coming to get my black split roo today.  He's gorgeous, but I just had one too many.  Hate to part with good boys, but sometimes we have to.

And my broody is due to hatch her chicks any time now. 

And by the way, the threads like the English Orp thread are VERY dangerous!!  :lol:  

You drive a hard bargain..lol. I see Seramas on your signature list too.. uh oh, youre going to get me in a lot of trouble arent you?? I live about 15 minutes from Rt 50, and if im having a bad day i couod always send the DH on an egg run.. just have to mail u $ or something bc im pretty sure the amount i spend on eggs is a secret I shall take to the grave..

Welcome to this list :) I am in Greenbrier County. I also failed at chicken math. I ordered a few too many chicks. They will be arriving the first week of May from Meyer Hatchery. I had to change my order date due to medical issues in the family.

I will be looking for some buyers for some of the chicks as soon as I know they will be ok. I ordered 8 EE, and 8 Welsumers. I will be trying to sell a few of the Welsumers if you or anyone else is interested. I had a guy in Charleston WV who bought my Silkies. If you see this thread, are you still interested in 2 Welsumers? Thanks! Happy Spring to Everyone!

Who is hatching this week? I have 6 BCM scheduled for Sunday night/Monday.

Me! I have 1 broody bantam cochin, hatching in progress, 2 more broodies (serama, sdw OEGB) due Tue/Wed, incubator full of seramas and OEGBs due Tue/Wed. One more chocolate Orpington broody left after that. Hopefully she's my last of 10 already this year. :D

That's a full plate indeed! You keeping them all?
I had 4/6 hatch and I'm happy with that. I'm hoping for another good hen.

Awesome. Congrats!

I'll probably sell most of the ones I hatch, and let the broodies keep theirs until I see colors, males/females, etc. My last chocolate orpington hatched a gorgeous deep chocolate chick. Fingers crossed its a girl!

Back
Top Bottom