Anyone in WV???

welcome-byc.gif
wvtoliver !

I'am from Tucker County. I would love to see a Chicken Swap Meet in a middle meeting area of all of us West Virginians.
ya.gif

Your right about the Poultry Shows.Not many.Not sure why. Is everyone hoarding their beautiful chickens in the mountains of W.V.?
hu.gif

Oh yeah,what Poultry Clubs. I haven't found any either!

HA HA HA...that's because there aren't any! I think it's because there are a lot of huge commercial chicken houses here in WV that have a few thousand chickens in them and it's how a lot of people make their living. I think many West Virginians are more interested in "growing" their chickens for food than "showing" them.

HA HA HA...that's because there aren't any! I think it's because there are a lot of huge commercial chicken houses here in WV that have a few thousand chickens in them and it's how a lot of people make their living. I think many West Virginians are more interested in "growing" their chickens for food than "showing" them.
I would be up for a swap and meet!

BTW, your avatar looks like one of my girls a homemade BSL using a New Hampshire Roo over a Dominique/Buff hen. She is 5 months old now, but I don't have any more recent pics than 12 weeks.

Attachments

• IMG_6950.JPG
    IMG_6950.JPG
    665 KB · Views: 2
Several of the Tractor Supply stores have monthly swaps. I don't think the stores sponsor them, but they allow use of the parking lots. I've been to one in Clarksburg/Bridgeport area, Gallipolis, and Marietta. Rural King used to do one in Parkersburg but I think the gal that organized it moved it somewhere else.

*hug* I wish I could take them... I can't right now. The Duck Patrol is pregnant. And when one duck sits on the nest, they ALL have to stay in the duck house until babies hatch out!

The lead girl is hoarse from trying to keep the rest of the Duck Patrol away from her babies to be.

Send me an email. I know someone else (can't remember her online name here) that might take them in. If she can't, and you can hang in there a bit longer, I might be able to take them in a month or two.

As for the neighbor, please have a face to face chat with them and let them know (nicely) that there pup has attacked your precious pet ducks and injured him.

Ask for a set schedule when the dog will DEFINITELY be inside so your ducks can be outside. Vice versa.

Is there any chance of you putting up a fence around your yard?

Or creating a fenced in area for the ducks? When my duckies were a lot smaller, I created the Duck Cave -- basically an outdoor space created with fence panels (from a dog kennel) and some hardware cloth attached. A few sheets draped to provide shade and overhead protection. A pool. The duckies were safe in there while they meet the rest of the animal crew here. When the duckies were ready, they started to free range...and the panels were repurposed.

Back
Top Bottom