Anyone know any *natural* ways to help with the flu?

Chickengal505

Songster
10 Years
Jan 4, 2010
Bolivia N.C
Hey everyone, Well I have the flu and I feel like I'm dieing
sad.png
And I kind of need your help. Does anyone know any easy homemade ways to relieve bloating, stomach pain and upset stomach? I've tried a stool softer but it didn't really help. I haven't thrown up or anything but I feel like my insides are rotting out of me.
-Thanks guys, Holly

Hi Holly, sorry you are sick. When I got horribly sick with the flu in March I was surprised how good chicken with rice soup tasted. It just really hit the spot. I just had the canned kind, no fuss, no muss, just zap it in the microwave. Hope you feel better soon.
hugs.gif
fl.gif

Orange juice.

Then again, Orange juice, for the stool part... For a while when I was on a med that gave me trouble with that... I spent my days drinking a glass of Orange juice, then one of Milk, then one of Orange juice, then one of Milk, then one of water... in that ratio.. LOL

I always just up the fluids lots. My fav for the flu is mint tea (hot). Sometimes I add some lemon or orange. No milk or sugar. Otherwise I never touch hot tea.

fluids. lots of fluids. also fruits, they are natural bowel regulators with their fiber, juice, and sugars. citrus fruits, or orange, lemon, cranberry juices are good since vitamin c helps boost the immune system. If you still haven't gone and it's been several days you may need to see a doctor

For really bad coughs and sore throats, chew on ginger or just leave it in your mouth. You don't have to use those ineffective (at least for me) Halls cough drops.
ETA: If you can tolerate spicy foods, increase your intake as well. I like eating jalapenos or seranos when I'm sick; they take care of the nasal congestion.

Last edited:
Doctor told me to not take diarhea meds as that just prolongs things. If you're gassy, the stuff they give babies (simula-something-or-other) might help.

Other than that, lots of fluids, lots of vitamin C, lots of rest.

ACV organic bragg, teas, any kind but with ginger would be very helpful, raspberry leaf and mint as well
vitamin c, and a in large doeses, the first day, like 10,ooo units c and 1000 of A

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom