Anyone know how old these guys (gals) are?

Peggy O

Songster
7 Years
IMG_20180505_041801_hdr.jpg IMG_20180505_042003_hdr.jpg

Clearance at Countrymax got me. Haha $1 each. They were big then, and I'm guessing maybe 6 weeks old now? 5? But I really don't know. It's been 4 years since I had kitchen chickens (babies). Hoping to get 'em outta the kitchen asap. Any ideas? Cinnamon something or another (type of red sex link) and the other is a Barred Rock. Hoping it's a she. Looking that way, but who knows.

Last edited:
Thanks! Yes, the Cinnamon Queens have rose combs. They had a tub of them, half with rose, half with a regular combs. I'm guessing they're just mixed red sex links labeled as Cinnamon Queens. I chose two with rose combs, a little more frostbite proof IMO. I had never heard of the Cinnamon Queen before getting these. I hope they'll get along with my Wyandottes. We also have an Australorpe and and an Orphington. Our rooster is a huge jerk. He's a Barred Rock, I'm going to have to separate him before I introduce these guys. I'll probably slap something easy together to keep these guys separate, yet inside the run, till they catch up in size with our older birds.

I just need them out of the kitchen!!!!
The dust drives me nuts. It's in the 70's here. They're going out this week I think ;)

Back
Top Bottom