anyone love to decorate cakes

9313_cake2_001.jpg

here is my latest cake for a friends little girls 5th birthday

here is my latest cake for my 7 year olds bday party... it turned out super cute!!! I will be doing a transformers bumblebee cake in the next 2 weeks, cant wait!

9313_cake3_001.jpg

Cute montcapu!!!(cough cough superwoman) ^_^
tongue.png

I am thinking about doing a transformers cake for my 10 year old's birthday.....using that fondant stuff or whatever to make the pieces.....I've never done it before....this should be fun......
lol.png

I love to decorate cakes
big_smile.png

I actually tried having my own baking business for a couple years from my home and did pretty well (sold at farmers' markets). Way too much work but I do still sell some cakes.

I have an album on shutterfly if anyone is interested in seeing what I've done
big_smile.png
I've worked with fondant quite a bit (saw it was mentioned), so if anyone has questions, I'd be glad to answer!

http://lasombra.shutterfly.com/

Thanks for looking
smile.png

Your cakes are beautiful Lasombra!!!
love.gif
clap.gif

I'm interested in Fondant. I would like to make my sons birthday cake this month with fondant. He want's transformers, and I feel like fondant would be easier than learning to ice it that way...I could drape fondant on it, cut out the shapes and there it is
big_smile.png
Or is it waaaaaaaay harder than I supect?

I like to decorate cookies. These are pics from ones I did last winter.

Here are some Atlantic White Sided Dolphins:
3369472837_7e498e90cb.jpg

Here are some gulls:
3369472845_3fef5d241d.jpg

Two things that go together:
3369472841_1a89790a9d.jpg

Gingerswimmers!
3369645189_b93da07673.jpg

I love cake decorating, but I can't figure out how to post a picture. Maybe I should start lovin' computers as much as chickens, soaping, gardening, canning & cake decorating. whew, that's a lot of lovin'
-Angela

Quote:
Thanks
smile.png

Fondant isn't as hard as a lot of people think. The hardest is just getting it smooth when covering a cake, but practice makes perfect
wink.png
Doing cut-outs and such is kinda like working with play dough!
tongue.png

Have you heard of cakecentral.com ? You can get LOTS of good advice there, just like here but cake stuff
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom