Anyone mechanically inclined? S10 Blazer no start...

Herer is the stander option 4.3 from 1988 to 1995. Looked it up.

Here is the multiport engine that was a high end option starting in 1992 threw 1995

then there was the Syclones/Typhoons trucks that had Corvette parts.

OP said its a TBI 4.3 from 1990. No "spider." (never heard that term used on a gas burner) Just a hard line from the tank to the throttle body an a return line back to the tank

1992 they did have a multiport 4.3 option but its not standard. Cost to much.

This does have the TBI, not a Vortec. My 1993 S10 also has the 4.3 with TBI. The fuel pump was supposedly replace about a year ago, and considering that starter fluid made no difference I really don't suspect it's a fuel delivery problem.

It's really bothering me that the scanner said 'No DTC's stored...' At the least it should have given me a code 12. I am starting to wonder if something is going on with the ECM. No lights on the dash, no code 12... I went out today to check the ECM fuses and the ignition fuse, they all look ok. I need to get it home,

No codes, uga...

I am the one on the sun roof, trying to keep my butt dry.

How fast were you going when you landed in the puddle? What was that? Hard to tell under the mud but it looks like a Blazer.

For now my daughter is driving a full sized Blazer that we have here but don't use much. It's an '83, I try not to drive it because it hates me. When something went wrong with it, it was always while I was driving it (blown power steering line, a few flat tires, transfer case went out, and the in-line fuel filter cracked and was dumping fuel on the hot engine while I was driving). Today my daughter refered to it as a 'dirty, smelly thing'. She shouldn't have done that, it will get even.

I have only seen one that was not TBI in my life an it was a 1992. I think multiport was a high end option sense about 1986.

Dealer may order different options in different parts of the country.

It's definitely got to be that. I saw a friend who runs a garage and asked him. He can only remember one that wasn't a Vortec. The guy special ordered it to not have the spider lol

fuel filter, most often not ever changed. its in side the frame rail. driver side. fuel pressure could be the pump in the tank. if you could just get it inside a warm place and thaw it out. can you hear the pump in the tank.

i have a 94 s-10 and i have to replace the fuel pump this weekend. if its not cranking over fast enough it will not fire with starting fluid. been there done that. also my 94 S-10 4.3 V6 is TBI...

Its a Toyota

I had eased off in it but my water proofing was not as good as it needed an lost power. Stayed running though. Just to much electronics to waterproof so I sold it.

My 4x4s need to be water proof to keep up with my crew.

http://www.myspace.com/rebelcowboysnb/videos/video/7000209

I would not think much about not getting code 12. The reader may not show that one being as it means no code

Last edited:
I was thinking that the code reader might not show code 12 because it's supposed to be there and that saying it was successful could infer that it was there. Then I went back and read the book again and it said:

Code 12 will always be present and it has one of the following meanings:

*If code 12 is the only DTC retrieved and your vehicle "STARTS OK" then code 12 indicates system "PASS" and all computer control systems are functioning properly.

*If code 12 is present and your vehicle "DOES NOT START", then it may indicate a problem with the ignition control system.

So what if code 12 isn't present and it will not start?

From the side that looked like a 4 door S10 on the back end but the front end didn't look quite right. I never realized that they looked that similar... at least it did to me in that picture. And by the way, nice duster!
wink.png
I like those.

IF it seems to be running on fewer cylinders...perhaps one froze-up and cracked. IF your exhaust is WHITE SMOKE rather than the typical grayish white and there is a LOT of it....it is burning anti-freeze..............."cracked block". That is not unusual in Cold Weather.

-Junkmanme-

Back
Top Bottom