Anyone near Portland, OR want a Buff Orpington Rooster?

archmichelle

In the Brooder
11 Years
Apr 7, 2008
Portland, OR
I have a gorgeous BO rooster that I need to find a good home for. He is about 18 weeks now, and I have raised him from a few days old chick. He is free to a good home, but I don't want him to be eaten. He has a great temperment and I think he would make a wonderful addition to anyone's flock. Please PM me if you are interested. I will be posting on Craig's List as well because he's got to go soon:(

Michelle

DSC_0001_1.jpg

DSC_0003.jpg

DSC_0002_1.jpg

DSC_0002-1.jpg

I found out about the Chickenstock too late:( I don't know if I could have made it anyway - I was at agility class with my dog all afternoon.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to find a home for this guy? His crowing is becoming too frequent for me to handle living in a somewhat residential area. I have had to result to puttting him in a dark box every night to try and keep him quiet, which can't be enjoyable for him (and it's definitely not for me.) I haven't gotten any hits on Craig's List yet, but I was a little bit more direct with my description of who I would like him to go to since last time I rehomed a rooster I got a few very questionable candidates calling my house. Maybe that is keeping people away?

Quote:
If I can avoid it I would rather not, but I've never looked into it so maybe. Is it expensive? What about the stress on the animal?

I dont know the answers to yor questions, Im new to all this but thought he was a lovely looking male and I dont have one roo. Sorry

I am no help to you as I am in the same boat - or hen houe. I have a sixteen week old rooster that I need to get rid of too. I have tried twice on freecycle, but no takers. I am at a loss. He is a nice guy, but I need he outta there! Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom