anyone needing egg cartons

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Sugar Sand Farm, Jun 14, 2007.

1. Sugar Sand Farm

Sugar Sand Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2007
    North Florida
    We just received our order from eggcartons.com and am very pleased with it. We do not sell our eggs as most people around here have chickens and the ones that don't do not want to buy them We have 22 chickens and get quite a few eggs. Most of the eggs go to our family but there is always a shortage of egg cartons even though we recycle them . I found eggcartons.com on another forum and got a catalog They sell misprinted eggcartons 12 or 18 They come 200 to a pack and the 18 sell for 29.95 I ordered them as I do not care whose name is one the box. I was very impressed I did not know what to expect but fthey look fine you cant tell they are misprinted at all. This is an inexpensive way to get extra egg crate if you need them

2. wren

wren Chillin' With My Peeps

May 27, 2007
    St Augustine, FL
    OMGravy I love getting info like this, THANK-YOU![​IMG]

3. bantymum

bantymum Chillin' With My Peeps

I need some to put on the walls in my partners guitar studio so the noise doesnt deafen me!!lol

4. ozark hen

ozark hen Living My Dream

Apr 4, 2007
    Mansfield, MO
    [​IMG]
    I, too, love getting info such as this. thanks

5. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

Here's the other place that sells the mis-prints:
    http://www.eggboxes.com/

I was at the point of ready to order a bunch from them but decided to have my wife post on craigslist to trade fresh eggs for cartons (I think we offered a dozen eggs for 6 cartons)?

Anyway, once the word got out that we needed cartons people just started to drop them off... not even wanting eggs. I was also bringing eggs into work and people wanted to start buying them. Co-workers asked if I wanted any cartons and I said, "I sure do."

Well, like Manna from Heaven we were abundantly blessed with a TON of cartons... ask and ye shall receive!

6. millicent

millicent Out Of The Brooder

May 4, 2007
    Livermore, Maine
    SWEET!!!!!!!!! This would be why I love this board.[​IMG]

7. erinm

erinm Posting For A change

Feb 24, 2007
    Central Massachusetts
    I believe eggcartons .com is based near me in Manchaug MA. isn't it? erin M

8. Standard Hen

Standard Hen Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2007
    Massachusetts
    Yes, I believe they are in Massachusetts. You should all do what I have done and they are free except I give the people a dozen eggs for them.
    www.freecycle.com Find your state, area, etc. and post an ad looking for empty egg cartons with the offer of free fresh eggs. I have more egg cartons than I know what to do with![​IMG]

9. erinm

erinm Posting For A change

Feb 24, 2007
    Central Massachusetts
    i get my egg cartons from family and friends. everyone saving them for us when the girls start to lay. In about a month i think.
    manchaug is about 6 miles away from me about, small old mill town. manchaug is one of the many indian names given to things and sub towns around the blackstone valley. we also have a lake called and I know i will spell it wrong but here goes. Lake chargoggagogmanchaugoggchabunagongamog in Webster. Webster is going to the dogs but the lake is pretty. Erin M

10. mksenoj

mksenoj Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 12, 2008
    UpState, New York
    Great Idea for the egg boxes. Will put an ad up tonight. Still watching for the first egg. Need to be prepared. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by