Anyone order from Farwest hatchery out of Oregon??

Update: Their website claims that they plan to reopen for the 2014 season.
I am so glad I found this thread I was considering ordering from them.

Update: Their website claims that they plan to reopen for the 2014 season.
I am so glad I found this thread I was considering ordering from them.

Geeze, I hope they plan on squaring up with everyone before they do that. What they've done to people is absolutely ridiculous and they need to make things right.

I was going to order from them quite a while back, but saw this thread and decided against it. I'm glad I didn't.

I feel so sorry for all of you guys that have been put through what you have by these people...it's terrible.
hugs.gif

Last edited:
Before reading these posts, I was talking with Terry, about contracting for egg production. I have a farm and lots of room. I also love raising chickens and couldn't think of a better job than my favorite breakfast hobby. I recieved a contract, went over it with Terry discussed what we needed and what I was expecting ordered chicks through him and proceeded to build the biggest coop I could imagine ordered lumber built a pen that any chicken would be envious of they needed 2 square feet per bird I made 50. I was supposed to meet Terry on a Sunday talked with him that evening and planned a day off to meet and finalize everything. Woke up that morning and have not heard from him again that was August 18th. His phone still works so sometimes it goes to voicemail and sometimes rings I have been black listed and am now out way too much **** money, when they open i will be knocking on that door for sure.
Anyone else interested in eggs or pheasants, chukar, Australorps? Or was this the only game in town. My 17 Australorps love their new pen but seems ridiculous now.

Tammy N: I have a nice core breeding flock of Bl/BCM now. Lovely BCM roo and a gorgeous blue copper roo, 5 BCM pullets, one blue copper pullet, and one blue splash pullet. Also three hatchery BCM but probably not going to breed them.

Just for interest sake, I was able to reverse the charges on my VISA even though it had been several months since the Farwest Hatchery ripoff. I paid them in January for June hatch, never heard from them again. In June I disputed the charges and got a letter in August that my bank had found the case in my favor and so I did NOT lose my $210+.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear that you got ripped off too! Theres alot of us out there who were not able to get our money back from Farwest or our credit card company. All I can say is that I know there is a real interest in pure breed silky and frizzle chicks for the Klamath Falls/ Medford area. I breed them on a very small scale and do not want to anymore. To much other things going on....Got rid of all my roosters, so no more chicks... Anyways there is a great lady up in Yancalla? up near Cottage Grove where you can get eggs, chicks or adult birds. Good breeder and cares about her birds. Thats if your interested in raising these cuties. Best of luck!

I found the name of the silky breeder, MORRIS BIRD RANCH in Yoncalla, shes on the web, GREAT BIRDS! Top quality and honest seller. Anyone looking for purebreed show quality silky chickens should go to her. These birds are beautiful! Her prices are good! I would not go to anyother breeder. I tried alot of them and bought off ebay too and got bad hatchs. I know how to incubate eggs and been successful for years, but last year bought twice from a ebay seller who was suppose to honor the bad eggs by sending another batch but she would not so I bought another batch because I was looking for unique silkies. ANOTHER BAD BATCH. So after hours of looking on the internet for breeders I found this lady and drove 5 hours to check her birds out and was excited by what i saw, bought 15 chicks/juveniles and they have been just wonderful and gorgeous! I will only buy from her now......

They owe me chickens, and their site says 'reopening in October for the 2014 season', but still can't get ahold of them

Good Luck! They owe alot of people, money and/or chicks. I never got my chicks nor did I ever get a refund from the company and I could not get a refund from my credit card company because the refund period had expired by the time I gave up on Farwest to honor my order of chicks or make a refund. I talked directly with the Jan, than the acting owner of the hatchery who promised to send the chicks, than to give me a refund. Its been over a year and a half!

I never got my phone calls returned either. They disconnected their phones.

I would NOT order from them. Their track record as a company is bad. Read the reviews PLEASE!

If you want Silkies, go to Morris Bird Ranch in Yoncalla Oregon. They have beautiful healthy birds. For other breeds check out the other breeders talked about on this site.

People on this site will direct you too good honest breeders.

Happy New Year.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom