anyone ordered from meyer "cheap chicks" hatchery before?

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by L*A*G*, Jun 6, 2011.

1. L*A*G*

L*A*G* Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 19, 2008
    planet chicken
    http://www.meyerhatchery.com/ their prices are great and they have plenty of rare chicks availible which is all great but I'm a little suspicious about this company.
    so has anyone ever ordered from them before?

2. Fred's Hens

Fred's Hens Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Why be suspicious? There are many threads here about folks being quite pleased, I'd say more than pleased, with Meyer.

My current production reds came from Meyer. First rate.

3. Athenzchick

Athenzchick Out Of The Brooder

Aug 24, 2010
    Athens Ohio
    I just picked up 22 day olds from them on May 24. All are healthy and doing great! Their facility was very nice and clean and the staff was great! I'll definitely order form them again.

4. L*A*G*

L*A*G* Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 19, 2008
    planet chicken
    ok well that's great! do any of you remember the shipping cost?

5. Athenzchick

Athenzchick Out Of The Brooder

Aug 24, 2010
    Athens Ohio
    Sorry, I don't remember the shipping. They're only a few hours from my house so I just took a day trip with my three-year-old and picked them up.

6. Fred's Hens

Fred's Hens Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Shipping was $15 give or take, on an order of 25. Shipping and handling is much higher, of course, for little orders.

7. jerseygirl1

jerseygirl1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2009
    Orange County, NY
    If you wait, you can get a special at half price - I got one last year, great birds

8. billfields

billfields Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 29, 2009
    East Tennessee
    L*A*G* :

http://www.meyerhatchery.com/ their prices are great and they have plenty of rare chicks availible which is all great but I'm a little suspicious about this company.
    so has anyone ever ordered from them before?

Meyer is a great company. I ordered 18 chicks, 15 different breed all arrived healthy/ they are 5 weeks today and all are still thriving. Beautiful, healthy chickens, great customer support, friendly folks. I don't know what there is to be suspicious of. They're a decent company and really don't deserve being called a "cheap chick hatchery". Seems to me that without a good reason for saying it, that's a kinda cheap shot [​IMG]

My Meyer"cheap chicks"....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Henicillin

Henicillin Pill Counting Pullet

Apr 12, 2011
    East Nassau, NY
    My fourteen came from Meyer, and I'm extremely pleased with them!

10. klen

klen Out Of The Brooder

Mar 21, 2011
    PacNW
    I'm pleased with their customer service so far. I ordered and one of my breeds didn't hatch and they called me the morning they knew and they are now rescheduled to ship. They have been very fast with their communication. I hope to be as pleased when the chicks arrive.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by