Anyone purchased Welsummer roos from Ideal? What was the quality?

Anyone suddenly want corn flakes?

10233_chickens_2_021.jpg

Is that last rooster from Ideal? He's beautiful!

Ok, ok, I'm convinced. I've got to have Welsummers! Hahaha my husband gave me permission today to get 10 more laying chickens...but with the way my wish list is going...I'm gonna need more than ten.

I have Welsummers from Ideal. They are about 19 weeks old and are lovely sweet inquisitive birds, all of them. My Wellie roo is a dear. If he hears us outside, he dashes out of the hen house to call to us.
smile.png
He is just really gentle and calm. He is big, his color is what I think to be very beautiful, and I just really enjoy having him in the little flock that we have. Though I mentioned him crowing, he usually does it just to greet us and then spends the day being quiet. I have one Golden Comet rooster from Ideal as well...he was supposed to be a she...and he is by comparision, just plain nutz!
tongue.png

Wow! Thanks for all the advice. I really will look into Estes! Those are some beautiful chickens and eggs.
big_smile.png

I bought 2 welsummers from Ideal. The hen is the biggest bully I have, she has nice feathering though. The rooster was very protective and aggressive towards his hens and people. He is down at the farm, where he helped kill a fox that was attacking the hens, and he is less bother some there because of all the space (free range)
Oh, before I forget. She is a terrible layer, we are lucky if we get an egg a month, just a warning
tongue.png

Last edited:
Weird, my 2 Welsummer girls started laying a week or two ago and I get 2 dark eggs every day!

Maybe it was the age or internal problems that only let you get 1 egg a week. They should lay 150-180 eggs a year.

Back
Top Bottom