Anyone setting eggs 1/19/11?

I got curious on my one mutt egg. It is only 3 days along but something is definitely going on in it so it is fertile!!!

Is it the 1st yet
barnie.gif
?

Couldn't wait... just candled my eggs at day 9 and 1/2 and found only 2 clear eggs. One egg looks like it has a blood ring, but also looks like a baby in there. Leaving it a couple more days. I thought I had 21 eggs in the bator, but DH might have added 6 more that second day. Looked kind of guilty and I didn't find a hen laying in there. lol Several eggs looked like something was moving around a bit. The two clear ones are from a BO, so all the fun ones are still a go. Whoot!!! Hatching Feb. 4th so wish me luck.

Okay, I had set my 36 egg clutch at 6pm on the 18th... I jumped the gun apparently.
big_smile.png
oops!
Anyways, I candled today and here are the results:
Group 1 has 24 eggs collected within 3-4 days leading upto incubation. After candling, I removed 1 of the 24 due to a bacterial ring and there is 1 question mark egg due to the pores of the egg shell making it near impossible to see if there is any veining. This egg will remain until I can better judge if there is any development or not.
Group 2 has 12 EE/ "?"(unsure if the BG or BLRW is papa) eggs that were in my basement for 2 weeks prior to collecting Group 1. Candling, amazingly revealed that every last egg from this group IS developing !!
celebrate.gif
celebrate.gif
celebrate.gif
!!

Congrats to you both. I am going to clean and turn on sportsman #2 tomorrow and make sure it gets up to temp. I will be setting a very large batch of eggs later this week and It will finish filling sportsman#1 and half of #2...I am a hatchaholic! (actually it is'nt just me, my husband & kids are just as bad !)

Egg Crazy,
Christie
wee.gif

Finally got #2 cleaned and going to turn it on tonight. Should be setting a very large batch of eggs on Thursday. I am sooo excited. This batch will consist of more RIR, bantam cochins, Light sussex, Ameraucanas(lavender & Black) & some games for my husband too.

We have a very good start for our kids 4H birds for this year...now we just have to wait.
Christie
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom