Anyone Setting eggs on 4/10/12??? Want to hatch with me?

So I candled a few of the eggs today and....................... I see veins!!!!
ya.gif
I have 41 eggs in the incubator and I only candled 3, but all 3 have veins. I figure that is a good sign. I also have to say that my thermometer problem is still going on. One says 102.5 and another say 95.8, sooo... maybe they meet somewhere close to the middle and its 99.5.
hmm.png

Oh well.......... I have veins
wee.gif

Okay, so I candled...

1) I'm not very good at it.
2) I only have a homemade candler that I suspect needs a brighter bulb in it.
3) I never toss an egg, since I can't be certain ... yet ... what I'm seeing.
idunno.gif

With those caveats, I now have 4 eggs with ? written on them, 3 with ! written on them, and 5 more that still look promising enough to avoid the ? but not as clearly deserving of a !.

(You like my system? I invented it myself!
lau.gif
)

So, I'm still in the game!
clap.gif

I'm still learning as well, but I am rather positive that the 7 eggs I put in on the 10th all have veins, so I'm excited about that. I just hope I can manage this right till hatch day!

Ok, so I candled all the eggs last night and........... drum roll please .....................................................................

I have 41/41 developing!! CRAZY!!
wee.gif
ya.gif

I guess my roosters are doing there jobs :)

You have to love 100% fertility.

Ok, so I candled all the eggs last night and........... drum roll please .....................................................................

I have 41/41 developing!! CRAZY!! :weee  :ya

Wow! That's great!

I candled mine last night, and I think I have 7 duds out of 42. The rest look good. :D I don't plan on removing them for a few more days, just to be sure.

Wow! That's great!
I candled mine last night, and I think I have 7 duds out of 42. The rest look good.
big_smile.png
I don't plan on removing them for a few more days, just to be sure.

That is still great fertility! I always have such a hard time pulling out the bad ones. I always want to give them a second chance, and third, lol.

I have 41/41 developing!! CRAZY!!
wee.gif
ya.gif

That is awesome! Tonight is my Day 7, so I am going to candle and see what I have. I have 15 shipped eggs in there right now. The packing was great, so I hope I have a good number developing.
fl.gif

On a slightly different topic, has anyone ever hatched duck eggs? Anything you need to do differently? I am going to a swap on Saturday and have been informed that I will be given duck eggs by a friend (among mannnnny other eggs) so I am wondering if I could have them in the same incubator with chicken eggs.

Sad and Happy DAYS!
hit.gif
celebrate.gif

I candled her eggs tonight and found that while four of them showed no signs of growing, the other twelve had lots of veins and a heart and eye! So at least I know that some will hatch, hopefully. I had my own thread for this and I'm using it to keep track of all the candling, as well as the growing of my Silkies hatched chicks. There are pictures and everything, so hopefully I'll have a good collage to keep track of for when I get my incubator running!

Just finished with the video and found that the four I left in there were recently put in by my brother. Since the other ones aren't far along and I'll have an incubator running should need be, I'll just let her set those too. They already had small, itty bitty veins as it was.

Back
Top Bottom