Anyone Setting Eggs Tonight 3/31/2011 - Come join me if you like!

Just candled, I know a little early, but 1 looks like it has a blood ring already, doesn't that seem early for a blood ring at 2 days in the incubator? A few looks promising, but I can't see through the dark ones yet....Just thought I would update ya.....will candle again in a few days...

Quote:
This is a video I made from my last eggs. It'll give you and anyone else an idea of what you will see (or will want to see) when you candle. I didn't get one of the night of lockdown, but basically you wont see much of anything. At this point the chick fills up most of the egg.

Quote:
Here here! I am feeling so much better since I bought my Acubrite digital from Walmart this evening. At first I was only getting a reading of 96 degrees and I had it layed on the eggs for a hour no change. I read another users post who hung the sensor down one of the red plug holes so I have done just that. I have it hanging right where the top of the egg would reach. I have moved it around to two holes getting similair readings without having to remove the lid.

I have decided to worry with my first hatch! I am officially obcessed with 20 more days to go. Let me know if you decide to go a little coo coo with me!!! lol.

P.S. My husband just ask how long it takes to hatch and when he found out it would be 20 more days....He sighed and said oh no!!!!

I'm in! Last night I set 10 bourbon red turkey eggs and 1 mutt unk chicken egg that my DH wanted me to put in. He thought it looked cool because it is brown with little spots on half of it. The turkey eggs take 28 days but I'll have my other bator back from my classroom so I can take out the chicken egg early.
I got home from school this afternoon and looked at my crappy thermometer/hygrometer and it said 105 degrees!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm using a LG still air also, but I had a decent first hatch. I'd like to install a fan, but don't have any idea how.
Good luck!

Artathart, I had just the opposite experience with my Accubrite! Instead of making me feel better it's made me worry more. When I set up the incubator it read 99.8 steadily for hours, placed on the wire in the center of the 'bator. The glass thermometer that came with the 'bator said 100.2 or so. Well, I added the water and the eggs and turner, and now the Accubrite has been holding steady at 98.2-98.4 ever since. I had to move it to the side of the 'bator to be out of the way of the turner, so I'm hoping that's why. The glass thermometer taped to the inside lid still reads 100.2. I figure if I average the two readings then the temp's probably about right. I'm not sure what I'd do about it anyway.

I've been looking at YouTube videos of candling, and now I definitely want to give it a shot at Day 7!

Last edited:
Quote:
Try hanging your Accubrite thru one of the reg vent plugs just till it reaches the top of a egg or in a empty space where a egg would be at the same level. This has worked for me for now. I never thought to tape one to the inside of my lid since i was told it needed to rest on my eggs. Maybe I should try that as well.

I am completely obsessing too. I am also glad I am not the only one who has to wait until the 27th for eggs to hatch. Come on little turkey eggs!

Fiddled with the temp and humidity again, think I am good for the night.....Gosh this is addicting and nerve racking all at the same time
smile.png

I just set my eggs. it was hot today here in Cali. My hubby didn't want me to turn on the A/C so it was 80 in the house. My temp was running hot at 104. played with it a little bit and got it down to 102 tonight. I hear with the still air bators the temp can be a little higher. We'll see
fl.gif
. What is frustrating me is that my humidity is at 60% and I don't know how to get it down without opening the lid.
he.gif

Back
Top Bottom