Anyone sick of winter?

Water is down to just below the bridge, so i will have to clean a lot of debris this weekend…
And here is a short video of the Duckies last night, watching in disbelief that it is raining again:
Still raining here…
Lol, I would wish for rain over freezing snow, but I guess the grass is always greener.

I don't know the proper division/terminology, but since he called the cops on your hubby, perhaps you could call your city's building inspector on him, given that his shed seems like a probable safety violation on multiple levels.
I have been told that “the town knows about the situation on that property, and have sent multiple registered letters to him that have all been returned as undelivered” (from a town board member or something). He has an extensive -bad-history with the cops, and my family has a good name within the town. This guy basically WILL have the town on his case, it’s just a matter of time, and he did it to himself by calling in a fake report.:lau:gig

I have been told that “the town knows about the situation on that property, and have sent multiple registered letters to him that have all been returned as undelivered” (from a town board member or something). He has an extensive -bad-history with the cops, and my family has a good name within the town. This guy basically WILL have the town on his case, it’s just a matter of time, and he did it to himself by calling in a fake report.:lau:gig

Do something "newsworthy." Invite kids from a local school to come and feed/pet the birds - especially, cute, adorable, photogenic ducklings and ask your local paper/news station to send out a "lifestyle" reporter to cover the event. While said reporter is there, bring the a-hole neighbor and his safety-hazard shed to that reporter's attention. Public shaming is actually a pretty good way to get somebody to clean up their act a little.

Do something "newsworthy." Invite kids from a local school to come and feed/pet the birds - especially, cute, adorable, photogenic ducklings and ask your local paper/news station to send out a "lifestyle" reporter to cover the event. While said reporter is there, bring the a-hole neighbor and his safety-hazard shed to that reporter's attention. Public shaming is actually a pretty good way to get somebody to clean up their act a little.
:lol: Ha! i wish that would work for this guy! He ”owned” a bar in the next city over, it had multiple calls for police response and was shut down by that city for it. The news tried to interview him about the situation. He could have easily held an interview explaining what he was trying to do to solve the problems in that bar (mind you there was also a shooting at this bar before it was shut down) but instead of agreeing to an interview, he paced outside the bar with his middle finger in the air for the news camera to film. He then likes to play the “poor me, I’m a victim of everyone out to get me” card to anyone who will listen.
He WILL self destruct someday, so I will sit by and patiently watch.
oh! Fun detail- the first time when the shed burned down, it was me who called 911 and my hubby ran over to make sure everyone was ok- from our house we couldn’t see if it was the shed or house that was burning.

:lol: Ha! i wish that would work for this guy! He ”owned” a bar in the next city over, it had multiple calls for police response and was shut down by that city for it. The news tried to interview him about the situation. He could have easily held an interview explaining what he was trying to do to solve the problems in that bar (mind you there was also a shooting at this bar before it was shut down) but instead of agreeing to an interview, he paced outside the bar with his middle finger in the air for the news camera to film. He then likes to play the “poor me, I’m a victim of everyone out to get me” card to anyone who will listen.
He WILL self destruct someday, so I will sit by and patiently watch.
oh! Fun detail- the first time when the shed burned down, it was me who called 911 and my hubby ran over to make sure everyone was ok- from our house we couldn’t see if it was the shed or house that was burning.

He owned the bar "the next town over" but actually lives in your town. Things can be different where you live. If nothing else doing the "newsworthy" bit with kids and ducks/ducklings would be a pretty good way to build a bit of community goodwill for yourselves which could be decent insulation against the next time he tries to "SWAT" you.

Plus children and baby ducks. Who doesn't love stuff like that?

It’s currently -3 degrees Fahrenheit not counting wind chill, and it’s going to drop another ten degrees overnight. I think I just beat my record for “fastest duck cleaning/feeding/watering session of the season”. No one‘s frozen solid yet, but I’m sure they’re not overly pleased!
I hope you gave them some extra straw for warmth!? -13F that's brutal! Poor Duckies.
We got snow again today and at first the ducks refused to come out of their house, just standing in the door glaring at that white stuff on the ground… Then i showed them their container with the cat-food and - stampede! 😂

I hope you gave them some extra straw for warmth!? -13F that's brutal! Poor Duckies.
We got snow again today and at first the ducks refused to come out of their house, just standing in the door glaring at that white stuff on the ground… Then i showed them their container with the cat-food and - stampede! 😂

Oh yes, lots of bedding! The concrete is covered by a rubber mat, which is covered with a very thick layer of wood shavings, which is covered by lots of straw. Everything is dry and clean, and they have several “hidden” favorite cuddling areas that are extra deep “bowls” of straw and shavings. Now, if only I could convince the Muscovies to stop roosting on the sides of the stall on cold nights and cuddle with Daphne! Darned stubborn ‘Scovies! :barnie

Glad that your crew braved the snow! Mine are wimpy, and have no right to call themselves Vermonters. :rant

Oh yes, lots of bedding! The concrete is covered by a rubber mat, which is covered with a very thick layer of wood shavings, which is covered by lots of straw. Everything is dry and clean, and they have several “hidden” favorite cuddling areas that are extra deep “bowls” of straw and shavings. Now, if only I could convince the Muscovies to stop roosting on the sides of the stall on cold nights and cuddle with Daphne! Darned stubborn ‘Scovies! :barnie

Glad that your crew braved the snow! Mine are wimpy, and have no right to call themselves Vermonters. :rant
I’m also nail-biting for the next few hours here in Ohio. Not as cold in Vermont, but will get a low of 4 degrees tonight. Lots of clean dry straw and water heater.

When I took my dog out a few minutes ago, I noticed ice crystals forming inside the duck house windows. I adjusted the exhaust fan to 50% humidity. Now I’m reading that it should be 30-40% in winter.

I just want to get through tonight then things should warm up a bit.

Back
Top Bottom