Anyone Used This Game Camera?

Fur-N-Fowl

Fluffy Dinosaur Breeder
May 25, 2019
UK
Hello again everyone!

I've been wanting to invest in a camera for my coop and one for my run too.

I've came across many cameras that look great but they all require a mains power connection or internet connection. I can't have either of those, my coop is to far away.

My only real option...a game camera!

So, I've been looking and came across this one which is fairly cheap:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/OOOUSE-Wat...t=&hvlocphy=1006688&hvtargid=pla-798864722389

I'm just curious to know if anyone has ever used this one and is it half decent?

I'm not using it for predators, it will be used to keep track of who is laying what eggs so I can mark them accurately.

Any other recommendations are welcome!

The most I will spend is around £30 (so £60 for two).​

IMAG0002724 05.jpg
DSCF0001t 10.jpg
I don't have that exact camera but one very similar. They all take decent daytime pictures but not great nighttime pictures. Here is an example. Two different cameras in the same spot.

I bought one similar last year from amazon and have no complaints. Paid $79.99 for it. Thinking it was more expensive because it came with the Micro DS card. The one you've posted does not. Not sure cost of Micro DS card in the UK where you live. I noticed mine is no longer available. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07HF4GY3Y/?tag=backy-20

Oh right! That's quite possible, plus our currency's go on different rates too. I think I can pick up a Micro SD card anywhere from £3-£15 ish depending on the memory and brand. So that's not too bad then. Good to hear you haven't had any issues though!

I don't have that camera, but the 120 degrees angle should be good for a tight space inside.
My cameras have a 42 to 46 degrees angle so are best in an open area or outside. GC

I never though about that, I honestly never looked so I'm glad you pointed that out! Yes the camera will be pretty close to the chickens inside the coop so you are right in what you say about the wider degree angle.

View attachment 1880376 View attachment 1880377 I don't have that exact camera but one very similar. They all take decent daytime pictures but not great nighttime pictures. Here is an example. Two different cameras in the same spot.

Ah yes I see what you mean. I think that would be ample quality for wanting my chickens inside their coop though. As long as the chicken is recognisable, it'll be good enough!
Thankyou for sharing.

I think I might go ahead and order one and a SD card to go with it.

I bought one similar last year from amazon and have no complaints. Paid $79.99 for it. Thinking it was more expensive because it came with the Micro DS card. The one you've posted does not. Not sure cost of Micro DS card in the UK where you live. I noticed mine is no longer available. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07HF4GY3Y/?tag=backy-20
I have some cameras just like it only marketed under a different brand name. Very good camera and takes very good nighttime pictures when most of the predators roam here.

We use a lot of game cameras to track deer for hunting. We mainly use the Moultrie A25 or A30 which ever we can find on sale. They are very good without all the expensive features. My daughter bought some cheap trail cameras and they will white out night pictures if there is other stuff to reflect the IR around the camera. Sometimes you can't even tell what it you are looking at.

I personally would buy this one myself. We also run a WP box and extension cord to them and run them off a 12 volt 7 amp hour battery for 9 months straight. Recharge the battery every year.

Buy yourself an extra SD card to just swap them out each time you check it.

Then more recently, decided I wanted a 2nd modern era game camera, and while I was in Walmart, strolled over to sporting goods to see what they might have. After spending 10 or 15 minutes staring at the packaging, I sought out a sporting goods clerk and asked him what they sold the most of........he said this one.....said they sold more of these than all the rest put together.

OK, this is a cheap, no frills camera.....but even at that price does include an SD card and 8 alkaline batteries. I had no hope or expectations, but it has turned out to do a pretty good job. Good enough to know what is lurking out there.

My goal from this set of pics was to find out if I had coyotes lurking about. So bait and a canine trapping lure was loaded into the small bush in the foreground. Bush is next to my driveway and about 60 feet from my back door. Bush is about 25 feet from the camera, which has a long focal length. Camera instructions said best distance about 20 to 30 feet from subject if you could pull it off.

WGI_0002 copy.JPG WGI_0021 copy.JPG

WGI_0096 copy.JPG Buck is about 50 feet from camera.

WGI_0163 copy.JPG A rabbit.

WGI_0168 copy.JPG Didn't think it would matter when I set camera up, but there is a road about 120 feet or so behind the bush. Camera was picking up all kinds of vehicle traffic on the road, as well as vehicles coming and going at house across the road. That is a sensitive camera.

WGI_0175 copy.JPG Neighbors dogs........canine lure works.

WGI_0328 copy.JPG In this photo, picked up 3 robins. In a previous setup, it was picking up bluebirds, cardinals, jays, etc at 10 feet.

Because this is a cheap, no frills camera, one downside is you need a card reader. In my case, I use my Canon camera as my card reader and to upload photos using it. Battery life taking photos is good. Have not taken any videos, but may do that starting later today.

For a cheap camera to find out who/what is lurking about, this one ain't bad.

I use them for hunting all the time. Browning makes an excellent cam that takes quality video as well. Moultrie's more expensive models do well but their lower end models have not been reliable or as durable as their older models were. Wild Game Nation are decent enough so long as the animals are not moving to quickly. Cuddebacks are fast but more expensive.
There are many other brands that are VERY expensive and some very economical. In general you get what you pay for but typically the major factor in cost is trigger speed, video and image quality, and battery life.

More game camera fun from the inexpensive Wild Game Razor. About 300 yards from my backdoor. Hear em.....never see em.

Would love to see a test of this cheapo camera side by side with nice cameras from Browning, Moultrie, etc. Quality of these photos is lacking, but at the same time, for $32 you get to find out who is lurking about.

WGI_0018 copy.JPG WGI_0024 copy.JPG WGI_0040 copy.JPG WGI_0052 copy.JPG

Back
Top Bottom